Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: krzysiek kamrowski

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: krzysiek kamrowski

krzysiek kamrowski has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: all done

that's all folks. thanks for all your support. as i mention before this challenge was a great plesure, because of YOU! i wouldn't finish it without your support. i wish you all good luck!

CodeNothing... good point with the shadow. i've fixed it.

cgkrusty, Speaky, i've tried to add a little light (just a little).

hope you all like it. till the next time.

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: concept sketch : first one

first post here :), so hello everybody. goodluck to all.

one of the first concepts. but only one witch is worth uploading. rejected.

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: concept sketch : second one

here's second one, a little bit more advanced. but also rejected. now im fincking about a bigger scene, concept soon.

10 October 2004
Did you base that second ship on some church/cathedral building structure ? looks bit like that

Good luck

10 October 2004
nice painting, there's drama to the lighting.
I like the composition of the second piece. I think it would make a nice large scale backdrop to some sort of action.
Maybe it needs something in the lower lefthand area, like the planet being bombarded from orbit? The fact it's going into shadow there would suit something illuminated or foreground objects picked out in the light.

good start mate...

My Space Opera Entry

10 October 2004
azazel, yep it's a cysters church combined with multiplied gotic cathedral elevations. little bit changed here and there.
thx

mistermac thx for your feedback, you're right... maybe i'll do something more with this pice. but i've got totally different idea, hope to finish concept soon... stay tuned

Last edited by kengi : 10 October 2004 at 05:46 PM.

10 October 2004
Your concept sketches are really good, and detailed despite beingi n a rough stage. I'm curius to see what you *do* use though, considering both of these were rejected.
Between them, I'd probably have gone with the first one though.

10 October 2004
Awesome concepts! Cant really decided which one I prefer more at this point... Every piece is very promising. I like the shape of the first spaceship and the mass of the second one.

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
I think the first one is much more "opera" than the second, but 2º are much more refined... can´t keep with only one.
Go with it.

10 October 2004
Woow, the spaceships looks amazing, the color also is great....very good ideas

10 October 2004
Some really excellent scenery mate, im looking forward to seeing what you develop your final piece into. Keep it up. At this stage i would assume youd be have a hard time trying to decide which one to choose as theyre both really great. I actually prefer the first one, with the orbital space station looking thing, the you have shown it makes it feel strangely familiar but also sort of alien, i really like it.

"There is no one way to greatness, Greatness is the way"

10 October 2004
i like the church idea! space operas and religion dont usually go that hand in hand (to the extent of physical representation with technology) and so far in the this competition its the first representation of religion ive seen. im not religious personally, but i feel as far as the iconic element can do, itll really push it forward if you evolve it well! good luck.

11 November 2004
Man dont leave us hanging like this...hehe we need to see more. Your images are great

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: third one

BIG THANKS for all massagess.

ive decided to use a face. ive used mirror to get main anatomy things, from my face. its not a self portrait. :) and stretch it to make it similiar to old western movies, witch where here in poland always squished to fit tv format.

Last edited by kengi : 11 November 2004 at 11:03 PM.

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: third and a half

so i've produced simple perspective in the background. maybe i will add some futuristic equipment to the face.

but i think this concept will be used to produce final image. so im waiting to hear from you some strong C&C.

Last edited by kengi : 11 November 2004 at 11:17 PM.

Thread Closed share thread