Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Cliff Cramp

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #16
I think its a holoigram, just kidding. But I do remember a few posts up saying the peps are just a reference for scale. But what do I know.

I do really like the change in scale cliff, the smaller the peps the better, unless you cant see them anymore, that wouldn't be good.

I like what I see!

Old 11 November 2004   #17
nice depth from the color choices

Old 11 November 2004   #18
the background is beautifully rendered and the entire piece is coming together very nicely. but, if this is an assault, should there be more ships attacking? not to clutter your work or take away from the backround. i do want to see how it comes together though, good work.
r.l. hunter

Old 11 November 2004   #19
This is coming along very nicely

Composition is very classic with a centered weight. Reminds me a bit on the old Perry Rhodan Bookcovers.... great!

Keep it up

Old 11 November 2004   #20
Thanks guys! There is going to be a lot more going on. I'm trying to develop the look of the city or background right now. The figures in the foreground are there just for scale, more activity will occur. Lots of ships and lazer fire will be happening. The large ship will be more developed. I'm sort of feeling my way through this one. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Old 11 November 2004   #21
looks good, i think maybe if you had a weapon on the ship charging and pointed at the people, and the ickle people are running away it would add a more "assault"y feeling to it, instead of them just kinda standing there watching their city be destroyed _

Old 11 November 2004   #22
The people are just there for scale right now.

Old 11 November 2004   #23
oh, ok
missed that bit _

but put them like that anyway, cause if you still have them there, it will keep the sense of scale.... but add more drama

Old 11 November 2004   #24
Coloring WIP: Assualt

A little more work on the background. I'll try and get to the action and all the ships soon.

Facebook

Old 11 November 2004   #25
Hi Sideache,

I am digging your classical speilberg-like take on the ship design. I was going to comment on the figures, but noticed the previous posts have already done so. I might tilt the camera either up or down a bit, just to get some nice perspective happening with the buildings - I feel you can push the drama in this area.

Old 11 November 2004   #26
Coloring WIP: Assault

Thanks Daryl - good suggestion. The background isn't done, but it's far enough along that I'll start adding the action and developing the movement in the foreground people.

Facebook

Old 11 November 2004   #27
Coloring WIP: Assault

I'm just starting to bring in more action into the image and commotion in the foreground. It still needs works.

Facebook

Old 11 November 2004   #28
I just like to say it's coming on well and think it looks great aspeically with the ship designs, I just like to know, what going to be in the far back ground?

Old 11 November 2004   #29
Coming along very nicely, I like the scene and colors a lot. I honestly think you need to work on the onlookers though- despite the raging battle, there seems to be absolutely no sense of panic, or even apprehension; its as if they're watching a show.

Old 11 November 2004   #30
Ya, that foreground area is the sticky-wicky right now. It all still needs a lot of work,with the foreground needing the most. That's going to be the key to the whole illustration. Thanks gang.

Last edited by SideAche : 11 November 2004 at 07:04 AM.

Thread Closed share thread