Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Emrah Elmasli

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
Brilliant design!!!
Next next!!!

My 2 D Challenge-The Journey Begins-

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: Mothership colorsketch 2

Here is second color sketch of the mothership...i changed the design a bit. I'm still trying new looks for the ship. Some more exposed parts would be nice immo. There will be more of these..check back soon.

Visit my online portfolio

11 November 2004
i had to register just to tell you how awesome i think that is! im gonna subscribe to this thread for sure. keep rocking!

11 November 2004
Excellent design and use of color Atmospheria!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with your designs. Don't dwell too much on the design as they are all very well designed. Also as you decide on your final design, you should probably have already thaught about the the type of people that inhabit these ships. This may help in your design as well.

Personally, story before image is the more effecient procession. Of course whatever youre most confortable doing is ok in this matter as well.

Good Luck. I'll be watching this one.

-Rares

11 November 2004
Dang dude, this is like Homeworld meets Jacques Cousteau! I love the ship design and the look of the artwork so far. I think the thing that hinders this is the "grandness" factor. It has the "coolness" factor nailed to the wall but if this space opera is to be grand, you have to figure out some epic representation. Come to think of it, I don't have the "grandness" or "coolness" factors nailed yet... ..back to work!

11 November 2004

Nice to see you here Atmospheria, MEME here . Awesome concept man. Looks really big. Reminds me of Feng’s stile. Keep up the good work.

11 November 2004
WOW! Excellent ship design and color concepts! And the compositions are great too (me also prefers the last one, B/W pencilwork by the way)

The mothership looks superb (I'm for No 2 too)

Keep rockin!

11 November 2004
like shark!

amazig design . beautiful colours. keep it up my friend.

-üstad hayranlıkla takip ediyoruz . devam . çok iyi gidiyorsun .

11 November 2004
Oh yes that is fantastic

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

11 November 2004
Very nice.

11 November 2004
Still nothing to criticize... amazing work man! amazing! Donno what will be the end version of ur masterpiece, coz if those r just studies what u have submited... than... wow!

DW V 2d

11 November 2004
Beautiful work man. I've never seen your stuff before, but keep track of you from now on. No crits just wanted to comment on the beauty. Nice desgins too.

11 November 2004
homeworld

your work is very good.
it mekes me to remember the game homeworld. your ship is beatiful and the space too. it seems to be ready to the war. i like it

11 November 2004
Atmospheria, you are one of my favourite : scale, ambiance et movement, organic design, and a personal artistic touch.
Personnaly, I don't agree with Marc 001 about lights : it's art, so we have not to be only logical : for many centuries, painters added light sources wherever they needed, to make their picture more striking.
My only remark woud be that the last picture don't really tell a story as much as first sketches. Maybe ships in the background could be bigger, so that we have the impression of an imminent assault.
But anyway, beautiful start.

My 2D space opera thread

11 November 2004
your colour schemes are awesome, this last mothership design really rocks

Thread Closed share thread