Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Marco Siegel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #31
Originally Posted by Fahrija: Bekommen die Proppeller deiner Maschine noch ein wenig MotionBlur?

yup ist schon angedacht.muss es mal spaeter austesten wies aussieht

still to do:

motion blur and final work on the heli,rocket
sunrays,some lamps/lightsources

Old 12 December 2004   #32
Oustanding Work

Facebook

Old 01 January 2005   #33
Looks really really good. The colorscheme is brilliant!

And those avesome buildings make it very grand space opera indeed!
Good job!

Old 01 January 2005   #34
holy dingdong! congrats with your piece!

altough it's a bit blurry in my opinion, the composition rocks!
good luck

Old 01 January 2005   #35
Originally Posted by foane:
altough it's a bit blurry in my opinion,

yeah. more details on the clouds are under work.

Old 01 January 2005   #36
The mood works very well with the colours. Could you tell me how you achieved doing the background city, I've been struggling to work out a way to do it on my version of work so I have opted it on a different technique. Are you using a tablet to draw directly on the computer? Very nice work and turning out really well.

Old 01 January 2005   #37
As others have mentioned, the acid color scheme is a perfect compliment to your grimy industrial setting. I also think the elongated, stylized perspective and scale of certain areas is a clever addition. One possible idea for you to ponder is to play with the details in your back, middle, and foreground to draw the eye to specific areas.

Old 01 January 2005   #38
Originally Posted by ecura: The mood works very well with the colours. Could you tell me how you achieved doing the background city, I've been struggling to work out a way to do it on my version of work so I have opted it on a different technique. Are you using a tablet to draw directly on the computer? Very nice work and turning out really well.

there is no big secret on this... its all handmade with a tablet.
you just need a hard edged brush and a big enough canvas.
it may look abit messy at original size but as you resize it later its quite useless to spend more time on detail work.

original size

Old 01 January 2005   #39
Originally Posted by Cicinimo: One possible idea for you to ponder is to play with the details in your back, middle, and foreground to draw the eye to specific areas.

yeah thats true.
im working on this right now.
thx for the suggestion

Old 01 January 2005   #40
Liked your style. Your lines are a little rough, try to put some hard edges with hard brushes. Use some different brushes. The picture becomes boring with the same brush strokes. But loving the theme..keep it up!

Visit my online portfolio

Old 01 January 2005   #41
Great job. Lightening is very realistic.

Old 01 January 2005   #42
Thanks for the quick response and the explanation. Although there isn't much details to the buildings (it probably doesn't need it since its in the distance as mentioned) I do tent to like the rough loose feel to it. The blur soft edges has this depth of field focus to it and works well when environment is seen as a whole. Pitty I don't have a pen to get that lose feel on my work, was just curious if it would be possible to achieve a similar look and feel with a mouse.

Atmospheria: I'm not sure if this image requires a different bush to make it look interesting. If it was introduce, this would have to be applied to the whole artwork which might make it look messy and difficult to read. I think maintaining the consistency look and feel is important because it sets uniqueness and style of the image. Maybe overlapping the brush strokes in different direction might bring out a little bit more of the depth but its still hard to judge as state it may take away the consistency. Nevertheless I definitely agree with you about liking the style and theme.

Old 01 January 2005   #43
Wink awesome !

hi !

terrific man !
extraordinary atmosphere !
colors are goods an ambiance too !
but... a little bit more significants aliens invasion objects will be good to push up the "theme" of the challenge !

without this good job !

stefuse

french jedi

Old 01 January 2005   #44
I think you might have a bit too much middle values--the image is lacking drama right now. Maybe vary the values a bit?

Old 01 January 2005   #45
Originally Posted by stefuse: hi !

terrific man !
extraordinary atmosphere !
colors are goods an ambiance too !
but... a little bit more significants aliens invasion objects will be good to push up the "theme" of the challenge !

without this good job !

no way. its a peaceful postapocalyptic "lets build a rocket on the ashes of our destroyed civilisation to leave" scenery.
alien invasion ships wont fit to the plot... btw i think there are allready enough invasion themes here.

Thread Closed share thread