Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Branko Bistrovic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #31
Thanks ninja, I appreciate the Crits. I'm feeling the same as you, Blue seems the most appealing. i tried black and white but it just melded in way too much with the background. I was more than just his size and outline to grab attention. Tough choices *grin*

-rasdasa

Old 12 December 2004   #32
Coloring WIP: Rum tum Blockin Slum

Quick block-in to see the composition. The spaceships will be almost nestled within the fat grasp. Bigger ones, smaller ones, they'll be lots of one's.
I'll have to throw in a neubla on the bottom right to give some balance... never done a nebula before... nyah *shrug* let's see what happens. I think I'll attempt one without refrence first, to see if i can give it a stylistic feel, and then when I realize how stupid an idea that really is I'll get me-self some refrence... but for now I fly solo!
In other news, I've been playing with some displacement maps through Zbrush and Maya. That's right, I've whored up on the Z-waggon, and so far I'm really sucking it up(screwing up, I mean). I can render the test runs that you get off the sites, but when i attempt to build my own test and detail it, all I end up testing is my bloody patience! Well, that and the strength of scalp...
Anyways, be back soon.

-rassssdasa!

Last edited by Rasdasa : 12 December 2004 at 10:01 PM.

Old 12 December 2004   #33
Coloring WIP: Eyes.. Whats with them?

Alright, so i did some work in the last couple of days. First some color eye tests.

Zoom!

Old 12 December 2004   #34
Coloring WIP: Purp

Purple Nurple. More demanding, more ...enigmatic.

Old 12 December 2004   #35
Coloring WIP: K

Had to stop cropping in, I wasn\\\'t getting the full impact of the eyes like that. It might seem pointless to some, but the eyes are usualy a very important centre of balance, conviction, and relation between observer and subject.
Atleast that\\\'s how I feel.

Old 12 December 2004   #36
Coloring WIP: K2

Mmmmm, yup. And the trivialties don\'t end here either.

Old 12 December 2004   #37
Coloring WIP: Yup

Wow, there is a much stronger impact now that i've zoomed out. So far thwe ark violet carries the most promise, but we'll see. The green is ugly, but I need to share the ugly with the not so ugly.

Old 12 December 2004   #38
Coloring WIP: Orange

Just to see how the complimentary color of blue would stack... nah, pleaseing, but too contrived. besides, I don't want too pleasing.

Old 12 December 2004   #39
Coloring WIP: Lights please

Finaly, just working a bit with value of thee violet. I think I might go with that, but am just not sure even now.

Old 12 December 2004   #40
Coloring WIP: Hornis

K, so I then went on to hair/hornes/headpieces/excrements... whatever the heck you want to call it!. Did a few different styles of course. But these appealed to me the most.

Old 12 December 2004   #41
Coloring WIP: And

This. Lowered the sway, tried to make it feel less like goldylocks.

Old 12 December 2004   #42
Coloring WIP: Connections

I liked this one. Looked even less like goldie locks.

Old 12 December 2004   #43
Coloring WIP: So

Expanded on it. I like the fact that the horn/hair is disjointed and disconnected, but flows in union. Almost seems to represent the instability of the omnipotent deity. Sort of like, if you were close enough you wouldn't even realize that those were some sort of body parts but when you zoom out and take in the whole picture, as we are, then it smack you in the gizard. It's sort of an unsettling thought, to thing that we can be so unaware of our reality.

-rasdasa

Old 12 December 2004   #44
Coloring WIP: Also

Here is his pretty bottom without any ehad piece at all, should have shown this first, sorry.
Well, now that I've posted all of those I can get back to working more on it. Any crits by any who are actualy looking at this thread would be kindly welcomed, check you later.

-rasdasa

Old 12 December 2004   #45
It's a bit hard to tell if I like a head piece at this point. It's still very sketchy. I know I didn't like the goldilocks one. I think an ornamental head piece would look nice on your character along with other ornamental trinkets. It can show status whether you mean him to look important or beggar like. Nice character sketches!

Good Luck

Thread Closed share thread