Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Jason Chan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #46
First I would like to say, glad to see you here. Your concepts are great as usual, the latest one seem to be the one I like with the guy getting choked and the girl going for the weapon....Goodluck to you

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 11 November 2004   #47
Originally Posted by Evil Gerbil: Again, something from the same storyline. This is a climactic scene where the evil emperor has seemingly defeeted the hero and is choking the princess to death. However, the hero is not yet dead and sees a dagger within reach...

I really like this one, I'm biased for the most part when it comes to characterizations, I love the stuff. I'm not one for just painting ships. I would definatley tilt his head back and put more pull stress on his arms, he needs to resist more. I would put a blaster in front of her, because he is already weilding a hand weapon, and the blaster on the floor would feel like its the guys weapon that he dropped. Which would leave us wondering, will she blow off the Emporers head or miss and hit the guy....well thats the story I seen. Great work all the way around so far!

Old 11 November 2004   #48
Your evil guy before looked more powerful because it looked like throttling someone was done with much ease...........making him look more awesome and strong. The sketch of the girl in the top left corner of the latest sketch is perfect. I'd love to see a redraw of the earlier composition with the ammended girl........after all it's always cool to know that it'll be the bloke that grabs the dagger and saves the girl................love the drama you're developing here!

Paul

Old 11 November 2004   #49
Originally Posted by Evil Gerbil:

Here's another sketch in the same storyline. This one has the runaway princess with the character that saved her in the first sketch I did. They are in the streets of a giant metropolis trying to blend in with the podestrians while evading the probes above.

LOVE THIS ONE!

Old 11 November 2004   #50
Concept Sketch: character sketches

Here are some character sketches I did for the girl during class. I like the last idea the most.

Old 11 November 2004   #51
Concept Sketch: character sketches

Here are sketches I did for the main guy and villain characters. I'm fairly happy with how they look. I'll probably just make minor changes as I go along.

Old 11 November 2004   #52
loving the villain design!!

the two bottom designs for the female character reminds me a lot of rikku up from ffx/ffx-2.

Last edited by teknotek83 : 11 November 2004 at 05:59 AM.

Old 11 November 2004   #53
im loving ur concepts so far. very nice anatomy n sketches.not much advice i can offer yet since ur still in line-art/sketch mode i like it!

Old 11 November 2004   #54
The villain rocks!! looks almost like fish skin or somthing alike..
eagerly awaiting the development of this one!!

Old 11 November 2004   #55
Thumbs up

The first thing on my mind, when I saw the villain in the last sketch, was the movie"The Cell" with J. "BigButt" Lo.

Love the design and keep em coming

Old 11 November 2004   #56
Glad you guys are liking the villain so far. He's my favorite design out of the three right now. I'm trying to think of a good composition in my head to incorporate more background and story telling. I'll try to post some idea sketches for that when I get a chance.

Old 11 November 2004   #57
Very good drawings! U really know how to do it. I dont have plenty of time right now, so thats just a short comment. I'll stop by soon and put down some more words. Keep up the good work!

DW V 2d

Old 11 November 2004   #58
I like the way you are searching.Really nice drawings you got there!!!I prefer the runaway princess.Impatient to see the workout!

Old 11 November 2004   #59
nice sketches,I particulary like that evil guy, and the elfin girl gives a strong final fanatsy vibe. He does sort of look like that dude from the cell, but who cares - he was creepy as hell!

Old 11 November 2004   #60
It's all cool stuff. It's coming along nicely. Have you tried designing your character once you've worked out the composition. From an abstract point of view, the form of your anatomy in it's pose can suggest certain design element to be added to excentuate whatever movement or feeling you're after. Like in games and the movies, when you're designing characters they have to work from all angles.........in a one-off Illustration it only has to look best from one angle.

Why I'm mentioning this, is in the past I've designed a character and very early on favoured a design element (chest plate on the armour for example) and it's stifled my final composition because I've limited myself to certain angles because I wanted to show off the 'chest plate.'

Everyone works this stuff out differently, but if you ever try it, it can have some great results.

Cheers

Paul

Thread Closed share thread