Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Blaz Porenta

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: probably the final sketch

Here it is, probably the final sketch, which might become even a line art.
I was very busy in the past 3 days, so I didnt updating my thread. But I still havent forgot about the challenge so I was working on the composition and perspective of the camera view. Im finally quite satisfied with the result Im showing it right here.
The frozen city starts melting (as u already know), bridges and pillars r crushing and the first island collapsed. People (many tiny dots in groups) r falling as well, others panic. Flying ships (jelly-fish like :) for now) r taking off... In the back, the sun is coming up.

Finally something drawn with a pencil.. I missed that :D

DW V 2d

11 November 2004
how about add ropes hanging from the cities and people climbing down or sumthin ?

good , original idea , this yours

11 November 2004
hmm this is an interesting one....

I like the final composition, but I get a 'cluttered' feeling (I think it could be because there are only lines at the moment, and so threre's no fill/colour, which means things are harder to pick out).

It is obvious that a lot of time, effort and care has gone into this image, it is very detailed, and very precise, I'm v.impressed.

11 November 2004
A very nice idea Squibbit... Im just wondering if that will be possible to see (or even to draw ) coz the people r so tiny. hmm...
Im thinking of resizing the pic and give it a first plan as well. There is something missing that would make a pic more dramatic. Maybe I'll really add a first plan, where nations from the woods (bad guys) r watching that chaos from a higher places.. infront of a camera. Than I could use my giant termite-giraffe-like animals as well I'll draw that idea and show it here coz Im not sure that anyone understood what i've just said .. soon.

DW V 2d

11 November 2004
But with this sketch the animals won't be visible

11 November 2004
Thnx stevetwist! I'll also put some shadows and grayscale colors to help recognise whats what in my next post

coCoKNIght: animals r coming up

DW V 2d

11 November 2004
NinjaASSN: Final concept is great.....looking forward to more

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

11 November 2004
what did you use to draw it? digital or good 'ole paper?

11 November 2004
Peddy: its good old paper and a good old pencil no digital here exept Levels adjustment.

element5: Thnx man

DW V 2d

11 November 2004
Originally Posted by NinjaASSN: Maybe I'll really add a first plan, where nations from the woods (bad guys) r watching that chaos from a higher places.. infront of a camera. Than I could use my giant termite-giraffe-like animals as well I'll draw that idea and show it here coz Im not sure that anyone understood what i've just said .. soon.

Yeah, go with that one!

11 November 2004
Nice sketch,

Do you want to integrate something in the background? Somehow I think there is a bit less information at the top of your page.

I´m looking forward to watch growing your cityscape under the domes.

Greetings
Fahrija

11 November 2004
Cool

Fahrija: I dont understand ur question.. what u see in the latest sketch, this will be a background, coz i'll add a first plan later. Thnx for ur coment!

Tommy Lee: nice seeing u Thnx

OK guys.. Im going to France now, so I wont post till monday. I hope I'll have some time for drawing sketches of first plan and so on, so when I come back I'll have something to show Have a nice weekend!

DW V 2d

11 November 2004
Hey nice drawings.
I can't wait to see them in color.
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

11 November 2004
That final sketch is really nice, it's got a tangible, believable feeling to it and the organic shapes are so pleasing to the eye. The little bit of movement pulls the whole thing together and it's great! My only suggestion would be to add some more variety to the textures you're using, but that's not very useful, is it... ^^

11 November 2004
Hi NinjASSN,

Excuse my unreadable english > the question was not that important. I just thougt your foreground has a lot of information and the background is a bit empty. Especially around the horizontline and above.
If you place some topography like rocks in the background, the horizonline gets some breaks. In addition you underline the impression of depth.

Thread Closed share thread