Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Blaz Porenta

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
hehe , those animals look so cool
u gonna add some icebergs breaking off the more distant
cities , too , right ? cause it would look better i think

carry on

10 October 2004
Hello, There is poetry your tone last sketch I like that...
Good luck!!

10 October 2004
Hmm, the newest sketch is awesome composition wise - but I'm a little confused, as I thought that there were some real bad people in the woods, and so the other civilisation built on the ice things...right.... so how come they're also down on the floor too (or are these the bad people - just me gettting confused).

Anyway, I like the action in the newest sketch - but I actually prefer the emotion in the first one, where you can see the people watching their world collapse - that to me had a lot of power in it.

Sorry if my comments don't actually help with the decision, as I like both ideas.

10 October 2004
squibbit: Those animals r just to show the position on that pic. I just draw some quick sketches of a new one, something between termite queen and cow and a giraffe U'll see soon what do i mean. There will be a whole caravana of them.

Tranchefeux: thnx

stevetwist: Dont be confused about those little people... those r just icons so I made some sort of a composition and a plan where to put them in the final pic. But nevermind.. I'll mae another sketch, coz Im not satisfied with that last one... Like u've said, there is missing some emotions and power. Thnx for ur opinion!

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: composition and an animal sketch

There r some doodles of a possible composition, but most likely noone will see what I meant with that ;) I chosen a composition in the bottom, which I will realise and submit tomorrow.
And there is also a sketch of an animal carrying downtown species on its back. Its an termite-queen-cow-giraffe-like animal :) It will be coloured tomorrow as well. Those animals will be placed in a caravana, disturbed by falling icebergs... more tomorrow :)

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
Me looooooove!!

10 October 2004
Really like the recent concepts. Look forward to seeing it progress to the next stage. Great work.

10 October 2004
Thumbs up

Really well done !! The animal is a very great idea..good concept ..maybe you could zoom a little on him, with the perspective it could be really really great. I can feel the background behind the picture, about story, that gives your work a real depth, and about the work you put in it. The 4 pics on the side give a good idea about composition. Now you have to put all that things in one pic..with only the essential..like the fourth maybe (?) (in reviewing your work I'm just wondering if it's enough "space-opera", arh, I don't want to disturb you, I'm not sure that's all..this theme is so...huge-vast-deep..(in fact it's to make you slow down...) seriously, take care to stay in the theme of the challenge, I know space opera is not only ships and planet but there is some inevitable ingredients...just wonder ...I'm certainly wrong)

I would like to be at this level...hum.

Keep up Ninja, bravo.

10 October 2004
Quote: Those animals r just to show the position on that pic

duh,knew that,I was just kidding That big animal looks great!

Keep up the good work , dude !

10 October 2004
I like your ideas Ninja, good creative juices flowing all through this thread. I know everyone is digging that first sketch and the subsequent ideas and sketches in that theme, but I really like the jellyfish thing. I think if you could juxtapose two of the cities together in one composition, one in the foreground and one in the background you would be able to show in grandeose detail, the foreground city, while showing the tentacles and things in the distant one. Just a thought. I really like the ice world one too. I like the animal concepts and that small composition sketch in the lower right of the concept sketch page it bitchin'.

10 October 2004
WOW - the new concept sketches rock - the composition is getting better and better.

I love the design of that weird animal thing, very original - and quite disturbing! Of the four new sketches, I have to say my favourite is the fourth, it keeps that great power whilst giving a much more epic viewpoint.

Look forward to seeing it enlarged.

10 October 2004
Latest concepts are very cool, The creature have Dark Crystal look about them....love it

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

10 October 2004
That last concept is really great. The creature looks great with the needlike legs and a heavy upper body. Quite original.

10 October 2004
Thnx to everyone for ur time and comments!

goli: thats what I was afraid of... that I will miss the main point of the challenge, follow my mind and get lost. I'll try to fix that in my next sketc, increase the epic and emotional part and include some more tech stuff. So it will be a bit more space-like.. i hope

funkbuttah: Im already working on joining my first concept with a jellyfish stuff.. soon

Thnx again to all of u, Im working on a 4. sketch composition now... updates will be soon!

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
last sketch is really promissing. reminds me salvadors dali elefants. i would suggest more weird perspective on the first concepts. but i like all as is, just keep up a good work.

Thread Closed share thread