Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Blaz Porenta

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Blaz Porenta

Blaz Porenta has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: sunrise

I think this is it... my final entry. The well known story I hope, about a first sunrise over 10.000 years... on a frozen planet.. A chaos, destruction, melting... final day of the civilization on that planet... Even that help is on the way, big motherships, which will evacuate ppl from this planet to another one, there will be many many casualties....

Thnx to EVERYBODY for watching my thread, giving me really helpfull advices and suggestions, encouraging me through painting process and giving me the power and will to finish this piece, definetely my best work till now.
THNX A LOT AGAIN! U R THE BEST! :bowdown:

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
Hi guyz! I hope that i'll see a lot of familliar nicknames in this chalenge

Good luck to all!

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
hey man! good see you here!!1
good luck!

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: sketch1

My first sketch I put together. I hope it fits the subject, and that I correctly understood the instructions.
So... This planet lays in a galaxy, far far away from ours. There's a time of an ice age now for about 10.000 years, so "people" have got used living there till now. On the ground, there r frozen trees, but still green on the top, and there lives hostile nations, barbarian/monster/creature like. So the peacefull nations have to figure out how to avoid contact with them. Thats why they built a civilization on giant islands put on ice sticks, where they r safe.
They dont know heat of anykind, and they r about to experiance their first sunrise in a 10.000 years. The ice start melting... if they survive the impact of hitting the floor, would they survive a contact with downtown nations? and so on...
There is a pic, showing "people" on one of many sky-islands, looking melting the ice of another islands around... and the sunrise in the back.

Sorry for my broken english :)

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
Crrrrrrraazy!!

Welcome Back , dude !

10 October 2004
NinjaASSN: That is an awesome idea love the colouring too.

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: second sketch

Here is my second idea... A planet, something earth like, with lots of population, was crashed, destroyed in a galactic war. But some pieces of that planet manage to survive. Now they r in a giant jellyfish, flowing in the space. The jellyfish is somehow a protector of that planet piece in it. Maybe I'll add some little hostile spaceships floating around, attacking and so on...

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
I like the new concept, but I personally much prefer the first. It seems to have more emotion in it as the people can see thier world falling apart, and aren't sure what's about to happen etc.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see which path you take, but I'd really like to see the first concept idea be developed personally.

Just my $0.02

10 October 2004
I like both concept... perhaps a way to merge them can be accomplished?

10 October 2004
HI ninja. I really enjoy both of your ideas, but I like the first the most so far. One suggestion I have for concept sketch 1 is to move the large planet to the left some more so it is in the middle of the invisible diagonal line coming from the bottom right to the cities in the sky on the left. I know it's just a concept sketch so in the end everything might look different. Anyways Good luck!

10 October 2004
Thnx a lot for comments guyz! I really appreviate it!
I see that u prefer the first one... well, I have some more ideas which i will put down tomorrow and post it here. I just think, that the first one was seen for so many times, that its not original anymore. Not the idea of melting ice construction, but i mean the visual part.
Its enough time to make decision which sketch to develop further.. for now i'll just submit some more ideas.
Thnx again!

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
Chris: That suggestion of urs, moving the planet to the left, is very usefull. I didnt think about it and i wouldt put it there in the final image, if u werent mention it. I also look at ur threat and its breathtaking... I post a comment tomorrow. I get to go to the bed now.. its 2 in the morning overhere.. zzzzzZZzzz... my eyes r hardly open

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: sketch3

Thats sort of update of sketch2. There is a giant jellyfish-like planet, traveling round the space... Here the jellyfish came too close to another planet (red one in the corner) and little spaceships, plankton-like attacked it.

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
In my opinion - every next concept is worse than the first one. The first picture looks cool, have the space and is uncomplicated, which is its power

10 October 2004
Thnx Artie! I guess thats its better stop making new concept and stick to the old one... I'll probably go to the next phase with the first idea now. Make balance in the composition, choose right elements and colors than submit my conclusions

thnx again!

DW V 2d

Thread Closed share thread