Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Mickael Allal

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #46
Concept Sketch: guard from the miner guild

three of them protect each heavy armour from the "blades" when they are too close. These guard are protected by the energy shield of the heavy armour...

Old 12 December 2004   #47
Concept Sketch: alien

here the alien race, when the miner guild is arrived to the planet where the action takes place, they enslaved these aliens...

Old 12 December 2004   #48
Arrow

Fantastic updates, you have a lot of great ideas.

Keep up the grand art

Old 12 December 2004   #49
Very nice concepts! I love the last one you posted, it is very unique and dark. Can't wait to see more!

Old 12 December 2004   #50
Hi, Good style your alien is original, good courage.

Old 12 December 2004   #51
Hey!! WoW!! These paintings are great!!

I love the look of that alien... and he's beautifully rendered.

How are these different creatures gonna sit in the final composition? H\ave you done any more work on the composition with any of these guys included...?

Old 12 December 2004   #52
thanks you all, i'm working on the final composition but i'm not really satisfied by the result, i'll post when everything will be ok.
Originally Posted by duddlebug: Hey!! WoW!! These paintings are great!!

I love the look of that alien... and he's beautifully rendered.

How are these different creatures gonna sit in the final composition? H\ave you done any more work on the composition with any of these guys included...?
yes, but it is really blurry lol, i'm working on it, i don't want to reveal the way i'll use to integrate them because i'll really need some advice about if the scene is understandable or not.

Old 12 December 2004   #53
Phew... I LOVE the Alien race image... the warrior looks good to. Can't wait to see how you bring it all together!

my GSO entry | my M&S entry | my PORTFOLIO |

Old 12 December 2004   #54
wow. love the way you do stuff... i love designing characters as well... can not wait to see your final piece

Old 12 December 2004   #55
Quote: hehe, you'll see soon.

Still waiting to see, but I'm not impatient nor am I rushing you... just enjoying the trip. Still loving your character studies, Hecartha, especially that alien! With the preliminary images this good, it'll be a joy to see your final image when you get there!

-mike

Old 12 December 2004   #56
WOW! I love Your character design. Very fresh and inovative. Can't wait for final image!

Old 12 December 2004   #57
Red face Sweet color

WOW! great color. I like the muted tones and middle-key feel of this. Keep rockin, can't wait to see a more finished piece!

Can't believe all the talent out there, inspiring!!

My Challenge link: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=190733

Old 12 December 2004   #58
wow this is looking cool....love the dude with the sword

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 01 January 2005   #59
Line Art: step 1

Here the first step, i start with a main color, dark, not too saturated, in fact the dominant color in my idea of the final image. I've chosen some red because i think it is better to give the feel of drama.
I painted quickly some silhouette to place all the characters in the scene. At this step, the main lighting are done. Two area, one with direct light in white, and the other with red light. I like the contrast between direct lighting and indirect lighting. The future study of every atmospheric light will be really fun.

Old 01 January 2005   #60
Coloring WIP: Step 2

I've spent many time making the concept sketches to test what will be interesting to do. But after these tests i found than a scene without any character won't be really interesting. Character gives another a charisma to an illustration or perhaps i didn't think i'll be enough good to make an image with only architecture and ship...
So here i gave a pose to these characters. It is really important to blend colors each other. The goal often is to find a form in all these...gizmo. I use at this step a low resolution to paint quickly, really roughly...

Thread Closed share thread