Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Malin Grön

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Malin Grön

Malin Grön has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Old 10 October 2004   #2
Hellu!
I haven't got any finished ideas yet but I think it will evolve around the second coming of the messiah as it would be an epic story to tell.
The picture will prolly take place somewhere in the future, when we have humans living on mars aswell. Will be fun to try to get in as much subtile signs and meanings as possible.

Looking forward to get the time to work on this one!
Cheers!
/Alice

Old 10 October 2004   #3
And so... when i was sitting there thinking, I thought about mixing my 2 favourite storys.
Shougun and Dune.
Only to come to the conclusion that lucas did that 25 years ago.

Old 10 October 2004   #4
hi alice! good luck for the challenge... i'm looking forward to see, what you're coming up with...

Salamander

Old 10 October 2004   #5
Originally Posted by Alice: And so... when i was sitting there thinking, I thought about mixing my 2 favourite storys.
Shougun and Dune.
Only to come to the conclusion that lucas did that 25 years ago.
Do it anyway. No one will EVER know.
No, really, why don't you keep the whole combining two or more things thingy. Could be fun to see a space opera combining the second coming of christ, the vastness of star wars and the police academy 7: Mission to Moscow.

Maby you should chunk the Police academy tip.

Old 10 October 2004   #6
Aww well, i will create an own race of.. thingies. Furballs. Love the creatures from labyrinth, dark crystal and ewoks, so something along that way, fur is my friend.
And their messiah will come for sure

Old 10 October 2004   #7
C3PO is the Ewoks messiah

Good Luck Alice!

Old 10 October 2004   #8
Quote: Aww well, i will create an own race of.. thingies. Furballs.
Kinda like Star Trek, 'The trouble with tribbles'...yeah, Christ could bring them with him on his way back down and you could have one of those giant spice worms choking on fur while being peppered with samurai arrows

Good luck with the challenge!

Old 10 October 2004   #9
After much thinking, I have come to the conclusion that there is far to little of the furry gothwookies in space. In a general theres far to little goth in space.
I will do my share

Old 10 October 2004   #10
OMG! Gothwookies! I just learned a new word. The combination of goth and space is just mindboggeling to me. Love to see how it all turn out. Start producing those concepts, Alice.

Old 10 October 2004   #11
Alice...............I think your view is an excellent one.A unique and cool one.A fresh look into "Space opera's".................I am very interested to see this mix,this style within this theme.I think that some mixing of wonderful vibrant genres such as you mentioned are the most exciting.........have fun,and I will be watching for some true original and far out creations from you...............May the fur goth wookies and all there friends go with you.............Cheers to thinking outside the box..................

Old 10 October 2004   #12
Ha Ha!! Gothwookies! They could have a galactic battle with Bighair Metallidroids attacking each other with Gibson 'Flying V's' and make up!!

Tremendous!

Good luck alice!

Already looking forward to what your slightly warped Scandinavian mind will conjure up!

The Ton

Old 10 October 2004   #13
coolio!

so, to list the things i will take inspiration from:

Edward Gorey ( http://www.fearofdolls.com/gorey.html )
The work of Brian Froud and Jim Henson (Loads of puppets, muppet show, dark crystal, Labyrinth)
The freaks of nature called Persian Cats. (http://myhome.ispdr.net.au/~pshaw/breeds/persian.jpg)

I will add up some more but basicly I will tear the head of the one who says "oh, how Tim burtonesque of you" when im done

Old 10 October 2004   #14
Don't go the Tim Burton way, Alice

Old 10 October 2004   #15
Lol
"Tim burton is dead long live goth"

(edit; im not even a gother myself, will just be fun to explore the illustrationstyle)

Thread Closed share thread