Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Juha Kämäräinen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Juha Kämäräinen

Juha Kämäräinen has entered the Grand Space Opera 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Bujercon Star Travellers

STORY

This is direct continuum for Bujercon Lab Incident \"aka MachineFlesh entry\"

Once goblins and humans discovered the alien race they were rejoicing the fact they were not hostile at all, but huge exchange of artifacts started new era in space exploring in the world of bujercon.

Humans and goblins received an invitation to visit alien entity worlds. As a gift aliens gave their GalacticStarTraveller ship to allied humans. Humans were asked to return to their homeworld with set of gifts inside GST ships.

But always so keen Goblins drilled holes for new maglev transport system into 4 huge landing rods in the rear of the GST ship.

Feat that made humans rejoice as they were able to enter ship in more humanly way possible as the other routes to the ship were kinda hard for humans to navigate.

Doing the drilling nobody would have guessed it would leave dark matter residue inside the rods and it would endanger the whole alien race. As a docking to spacestation would set up a cataclysmic explosion.

Will anybody notice this danger? How long does the journey take? Does it end into rejoice or catastrophy?

click the pic to view 800pix wide versio

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: Bujercon Star Travellers

Hi everybody! Nice to see new challenge. Seems to be hard one. I wish ill do better this time. Here is what im planning at the moment.

I'm going with the same bujercon lab incident story i invented for the machine flesh. This is few months later when humans and goblins retrofitted recently discovered entity technology.

They were able to build their first GST*-class ship (GalacticStarTraveller) and started their heading towards planetary systems inhabited by friendly entities.

So this will kinda be a picture from a spaceship or a picture taken by astronaut in the space. I'll explain more when i actually get decent ideas in my head.

10 October 2004
Nice to see you entering again..........

Good luck!

10 October 2004
Thanx Paul!

Have you allready decided on your style which your going to use?

Bet you will be hard competition this time also! Specially that youre allready here you have almost 3 months of time now. I'll be waiting for something stunning from you.

10 October 2004
Ideas!

I keep getting flashes in my head of certain scenes. What I'll do over the next week or so, is make sketches of these images so they don't dissapear forever. The first concepts you get seem to hold the most water...........more 'gut' than 'brain' at this stage.

10 October 2004
Great to see you've returned for another challenge...and it's an interesting one this time...where to begin....???

I really liked your previous entry for the MF challenge and I look forward to seeing what you come up with...good luck (I did put lots of smiley faces on this reply, but they don't appear to be working at present)

10 October 2004
yea , buddy ! good to see you joined in the competition again too !

and you already got some work done , cool !

10 October 2004
Hello, ouah its flash....

10 October 2004

Slightly more advanced sketch. Trying to add more elements and design cool spaceship. At the moment it really doesnt look cool. I got an idea that it would be equipped with solar paddles for galactic journeys.

Gotta try and learn how to draw spaceship. Since spaceship is what my picture is going to be all about. Everything else will be extra. Just to give it more epic look i hope.

10 October 2004
MrFreeman, Squibbit, Tranchefeux

Thanx for stopping by!

Gotta spend more time studying some cool spaceships of sort.

10 October 2004
Hey Falcor. Glad your entering this challenge!
I really liked your Machine Flesh work, Im looking foreward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!

Good Luck!

10 October 2004
your drawing skill and handling of special effects are both pretty strong in these samples. id say make many more sketches to broaden your possibilities. change around the compositional setups and see if you can get anything thats even more interesting than waht you have. Good job so far

10 October 2004
Hi MustardWash im really glad you liked my machine flesh entry Good luck!

Hillartsympho very nice to hear something positive about my artwork. Hope you didnt just type that to wrong thread

Oh i was allready thinking of quitting when i saw some incredible masterpieces from some other challengers. Gotta be brave with these contenders im going to show you guys a small update... Its allready lineart of some. Usually i dont do lineart at all. I just mess inside the pic and change everything inside it.. Only thing i cant change are the viewpoint and perspective.

Heres an update!

ill post it as concept art

10 October 2004

This is black and white concept mainly for the spaceship.. And some tonal area experiments.

Still thinking of more elements in the pic. But what could they be?

10 October 2004
Hello !

HI Falcor !! Glad to see you here ! You made a great work in previous contest and I wish you the best for this one !
Your third sketch is very, very interesting.
See you.

Thread Closed share thread