Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Andreas Rocha

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #16
Sketch B n D looks promising! It is creative, i'd like to see it being developed further, keep it up!

Old 10 October 2004   #17
I like the refinements of the last two. One thing I think might help, is to think about some sort of story, to show something happening in the image.

Old 10 October 2004   #18
I really like the refinement you have on sketch c. You have an excellent composition with good contrast, dynamic diagonals that lead your eye around the image, and a soft place for your eyes to rest on after taking it in. I imagine that whatever you end with will be great, but I look forward to seeing that one develop.

Old 10 October 2004   #19
Sketch C by far takes the cake for me. It reminds me alot of Space Harrier, one of my favorite games of all time... I really love the perspective you've chosen.

Old 10 October 2004   #20
Great job man!!! I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your work here

Old 10 October 2004   #21
I love the both refined images I cant choose, hanging out for more updates

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 10 October 2004   #22
i really like your last image! Viewing the thumbnail i thought the structure was bigger with really big plate holding a whole city. Perhaps you could work on the size but it is already a great concept. Good luck

Old 10 October 2004   #23
Hello,
Of good ideas in your projects directions have well the size of
the things.
Good luck.
MY SPACE OPERA

Old 10 October 2004   #24
i like all, but most the concept scetch D - it has real grandity and pressure i think

Last edited by centavrus : 10 October 2004 at 08:04 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #25
Stetch E is the one I prefer. On the top there is a diagonal dark shape (I'm not shure what it is) it gives the image a sence of mase coming down on the cloud cities I like.

Old 10 October 2004   #26
Concept Sketch: Refining Sketch A

This is my third refined sketch. Nothing new here...it's your typical futuristic cityscape. But, I think that if I can make it work as a pleasing image it will work. Light and shadow will be the main ingredients here.
Now I have three concepts/sketches and I'll have to pick one. Perhaps you can help me...Sketch A, Sketch C or Sketch E? Perhaps I'll work two to the end, since there is so much time to the end of the challenge.

Old 10 October 2004   #27
I'm sorry you have the see the image so big, and hence have to scroll the image up and down. It's the automatic resizing CGTalk does to images smaller than 680px. Please click on the image to see a more "manageable" format.

Old 10 October 2004   #28
Andreas, they're all very fine sketches in the SF genre but I think you may need to develop a stroy to 'hang' them upon - you'll find the process far easier. The compositions of each, while only 1 point perspective is fine, but lacking a certain 'dynamism' or 'life' - it could be the lack of characters as some have suggested, but I would say it's crucial to develop a story.

For me the Hangar is protentially the most interesting - could it be a fleet preparing for a great battle? The scene would be brimming with activity and life...a higher viewpoint, looking with the use of 2 or 3 point perspective, as well as some foreground activity could give you a more more interesting and engaging piece.

They're nice, but they could so easily be great...
good work mate!
-g

::: unit - concept art, illustration & design :::

:: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite ::

Old 10 October 2004   #29
Post Promising

I definately think that your city has a deep immersive feel, but I would also have to agree that it needs a pivotal point of action driven by a story element. Maybe the city is the center of a foreign invasion or has been put under Marshall law, in which case you could show some characters attempting to flee the city. Of the three sketches though, I think that your city captivates me the most.

GL & HF

Old 10 October 2004   #30
another fine concept!!

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Thread Closed share thread