Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Jose Pardo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #61
Wicked awesome colour Jose! Your explosions look very good, can't wait to see progress.

www.essencedesignworks.com

Old 12 December 2004   #62
Final Coloring: Final Color WIP

All righty then, here it is, the final color WIP. I am reasonably happy with it. Not perfect, never will be, better than a sharp stick in the eye, I hope. All comments welcome. Thanks again to all for your previous comments and in advance for any that are forhthcoming. I really learned alot from this whole process, if I can just apply some of it in my next image...

Jose

P.S. noelt, I thought about your last suggestion and played around with it a bit, I wound up intensifying the the light source from the wormhole.

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

”I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.”
Roy Batty, replicant.

Old 12 December 2004   #63
Hi, Your work this présise they is cool, good road.

Old 12 December 2004   #64
This is cool!

I think this is cool! I like the diagonal line effects on the planet...Nice style, different from the rest.

Old 12 December 2004   #65
good

it is quite good but i think that it would be nicer if she would have her hand on its head like in the scetch
but really it is gooooooooooooood i like it

Old 12 December 2004   #66
Incredible work done here Jose! I know what you mean, when you say "it's not perfect, but it never will be". I think in the artist's eyes his/her own opinion is pretty much the same. I like you am not expecting to win this, but to learn as much as possible in the process to carry on to the next project is all we can really ask.

As far as perfect goes, it looks pretty darn close in my eyes. Well done sir!
Good luck

www.essencedesignworks.com

Old 12 December 2004   #67
Talking

Dito with newcentury! Looks awesome.

Old 01 January 2005   #68
Final Image: Final Image

Thanks again to all for your help and suggestions, and all the kind comments. Good Luck to all and much health and happiness in the new year.

Jose

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

”I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.”
Roy Batty, replicant.

Old 02 February 2005   #69
Hi! Nebezial here. You ve got a good thing going on there.... But... well here goes. girl s head needs work on the perspective, there is an overall blur that u need to fix, maybe some dodge burn spongeing on the aliens texture. U also need to play a bit with the saturation. abit less onthe background can go a long way for the feeling of depth. Oh, yeah! Add some finer scratches and damageing to the armours, it is like, grime is nice , but grime alone gives a feeling of... well a lo res texture on a 3d model. Uve got the skills, polish them to perfection!

Old 02 February 2005   #70
Good job, Jose really, neat work, i like the smoothness.

Old 02 February 2006   #71
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread