Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Mark Okon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
THanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.

Peddy: I am glad you mentioned Last Exile, I needed more research material. Thanks!

11 November 2004
Yep,really nice sketches you got there!!Like the last one!!!

Could imagine touristbaloons or something like that,with enormous monuments in the buildings and the flashes of their cameras reflecting etc,etc, just an idea like that.:-)

Waitnig to see the rest,great!!!

My spacepra!
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=184953

11 November 2004
Mark.................Too cool.....Very nice.Love the look and style,another one of my fav's.......I like the out of box thinking here,unique designs and interesting angles and viewpoints,nice color tones, and it just has a good feel to your art........I'll be watching,and look forward to more eye candy......Keep up the excellent art here.............

11 November 2004
OKMER, Virtuoso: Thanks for the comments! I am going to design the female characters next. Before saturday they should be up.

11 November 2004
Hello airborn

• I like very much your characters, They remind me to the art of Heavy Metal Magazine, COol!

11 November 2004
Very nice sketches! I'll follow ur thread with pleasure!

DW V 2d

11 November 2004
I love the first sketches... the influance, the approach... all agree me and I found the civilans too cool... all my best wishes for the following... I'm waiting the next update

11 November 2004
It's cool to see how detailed your thumbs are, and how you seem to have everything so well planned out. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of your concepts turn out!

11 November 2004
You have been very successful in putting the viewer right in the middle of the scene. Looking at your drawings, I became a participant rather than a viewer. Like a visual equivilant to surround sound! Good Luck!

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

11 November 2004
Thumbs up

I love the Jet Design and the orange palette, My only thougt on your concept is to keep it looking like this world is held together by duct tape, super glue, and the necessity of the creators for their creations to work. Like it's something that would have been built on a galactic version of "Junkyard Wars" It'd be funky and different that the usual slick sci-fi theme. But I'm not one to criticize at all, you work is great!

11 November 2004
Hi mark ,! your line and color is great! i like the canyon sketch , it look huge , and make the scene is large scale . will you plan to merge your charactor to the scene?? want to see what's will come out !! great work ! keep going!

11 November 2004
Concept Sketch: Female civilian concepts 1

Some female civilian concepts. I still have another three to paint, which are very unique, I just need to get some other work done before I start them :)

11 November 2004
Good luck with the revolution...

Hello Mark!

I have to say I really love the direction you're taking here. I am an avid fan of spaceship-supernova classical Sci-Fi, but what I'm really into is "fusion" Sci-Fi. Mixing technological and ethnical references is a great recipe for a truly interesting look, especially if you only have one image to tell the tale...

As for the revolution setting i find it very interesting. If you could have three or four "interest points" of your piece where you would clearly show the conflict between the ruling class and the revolutionaries in a more symbolic fashion, thet woul be amazing.

You can check out french or soviet revolution related art for additional inspiration...

Anyway, best of luck mate

P.S. Also checked your online portfolio, pretty impressive stuff... congratulations

11 November 2004
Hey everyone, I am glad you find these concepts interesting, Thank you all very much

Rui_Padinha: I am glad you mentioned to have interest points, elements like that are important in order to explain what I see in my head. Once I have all the designs done, I'll get back into the compositions. And I'll do some research on revolts, and history has lots of them!

monsitj: I am going to try to merge the characters in to the airships, and I am also currently designing a single person "air speeder", try to imagine a sea-do but for air travel. And I see these guys taveling in packs using metal bars, or even rocks as weapons.

Starzchica23: Your suggestion is interesting, it would be a funky too! I'll see if I can do anything like that in the coming designs.

gordonm, YeeWu, Lemog, NinjaASSN, and Climax: Thanks for the comments everyone

11 November 2004
hi Mark..
great stuff again.. your folk looks excellent.. and they really look like folk as they are united by your unique and original common style.. and at the same time each of them has its own character.. really very impressive mate..

especially i like this guy on the right - some special force diver who just run from the intensive therapy.. j/k

well.. best of luck Mark and keep posting great stuff!!!
cheers..

Thread Closed share thread