Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: jonny duddle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #31
Comment

Hey , Great work , i love ut comic style its really amazing , and i c that if u add more Weird Alien Characters would help u alot to emphasize the fact its a space opera, beside the background ofcource. good luck !

Old 10 October 2004   #32
FlyingP: Cheers matey!! I'm definitely thinking about more kids... but i want plenty of 'adults' to keep the contrast and the 'oddness' of a kid leader. he surrendering leader could well be a kid though... with real hefty, defeated imperial bodyguards!!

dgpilot: Thanks!! Keep looking... it'll get better... promise!!

Kirt: I kinda wanted the planet to contrast with the interior colour but cast some lights across the people and creatures inside. Lighting is one of my big weaknesses so i'm hoping to improve with this challenge... that's the big goal. I'm tempted to move the planet more central. The composition will be all very central then but it might add to the grandeur...? I may desaturate a little or make it more of an earthy orange, but it will be important in the image. But the King of Space should be the main focus.

Keem: Definitely more alien creatures on the way!!! I want the interior to have plenty of different creatures and races in fancy costumes to give it that grand operatic feeling...

Old 10 October 2004   #33
Originally Posted by duddlebug: with real hefty, defeated imperial bodyguards!!

Oh yes got to have those

Old 10 October 2004   #34
How about you insert the little kings mommy into the picture, she could perhaps be bending him over her knee giving him a spanking for being a naughty little conquerer.

Kinda like the life of brian "Hes is not! the messiah, hes a very! naughty boy.."

Still love your style Duddlebug, its good to see you back at it again, keep the pics coming its looking great.

"There is no one way to greatness, Greatness is the way"

Old 10 October 2004   #35
haha... kid's mummy's a good idea!!

I've also been thinking along the lines of a rotund robot wet nurse!! A little boy needs his milk if he's going to conquer the universe!!

Old 10 October 2004   #36
Originally Posted by duddlebug: haha... kid's mummy's a good idea!!

I've also been thinking along the lines of a rotund robot wet nurse!! A little boy needs his milk if he's going to conquer the universe!!

Definately throw something along those lines into the composition and see if it works, its still early and there should be a good deal of time to play. Robotic wet nurse, maid, cook whatever it takes to make little cranky pants happy right?

"There is no one way to greatness, Greatness is the way"

Old 10 October 2004   #37
Thumbs up

Jonny Jonny Jonny !

Love the last colour sketch mate. the circular composition is interesting too. Youve got a good way of approaching these themes with a unique subject matter. I like the background characters too. make sure you see it all through.

AWESOME ! ( lol )

Old 10 October 2004   #38
Concept Sketch: a prologue

okay okay... it's nothing to do with my final image... but it is the 'King of Space' on his first day at school.

It's background.

It's history.

It's legend.

:)

Old 10 October 2004   #39
) ) Thats funny and gr8. Like the concept that u r flowing around. Cool art too. What more could we see next? :P

Old 10 October 2004   #40
haha that's great!
That guy with the one-eyey and cap is exactly like me btw :|

Old 10 October 2004   #41
There is nothing like a mad megalomaniac!
Love the style and humor!

Old 10 October 2004   #42
N1! Very nice Concept. Now im motivated enough to enter the contest myself. TY

Old 10 October 2004   #43
Cameron: Hey!! Great to hear from you... hope Montreal is all you wanted it to be... keep on looking in!! Your input is most appreciated, dude!!

Erakesh: G;ad you liked it. I was on the train to work, and a bit stuck on developing the main composition without reference so i roughed out the strip as a laugh really. Gotta get some reference together and get stuck into the main composition next.... although there'll be lots of aliens and stuff to concept so i'll hope to keep you interested!!

PreatORian: HaHa!! I work in games so i've met that kid, but grown up, a million times!!

Alice: Cheers...and good word... that's what he is for sure!!

Vahn: Thanks!! Everyone should enter... makes it more fun...

Old 10 October 2004   #44
I agree with Kirt: the second to the last sketch is really interesting in composition, and maybe colours could be swapped, even I think the red planet in the background works great. The compo suggests a really nice set, and the idea is good...
good start, Duddlebug!

Old 10 October 2004   #45
I don't want to repeat something that someone says but ..please could you slow down there !!! I haven't a beginning of start of an idea and you're already with great-fine-nice-so funny ideas....please, slow down..
BTW, nice concepts.

Thread Closed share thread