Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Vijoi Daniel-Iulian

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
I've been created a little DOF there...you didn't have the sensation os space quite much..and still need some work there all the way at details apear more and more....also cleared in the left side the clouds a bit..and added some stars......

10 October 2004
Line Art: gate detail

here is a gate larger view....

10 October 2004
Line Art: ship detail

larger view of the ship also.....but like I said needs more details...small ones to indicate the metal blocks...or parts......after all the ship can't be made of one part.....

10 October 2004
right now I'm workin at some concepts for the droid character...at the flying module...I'm thinking to enlarge some parts for more estetichal look....for example the part that keeps the motor behind the head......also I'm thinking about the intruder..the one who wants to attack the gate .....and wich the guardian droid is trying to cach....

cheers

Techart

10 October 2004
Lovely work techart

So accurate with smooth colors. Kinda makes you think of other worlds. Mainly because earth is so filthy.

It already looks better than your machine flesh entry so im waiting for more updates.
That hot air coming from the port is nice touch.

If you make the picture overly busy i think it would loose all the impact it has, but its your painting. Good luck!

10 October 2004
Great work Techart, nice design, composition, and colors.
I didn't read all the thread (!)..I was just wondering about the "epic" side of the picture...are you going to put some elements that reveal this or not ? You seem to work fast.

10 October 2004
Talking

Very smooth and clean style. Keep up the good work. The heat is also a very good touch. Good luck.

10 October 2004

Techart, I'm loving it. You manage to create artwork which looks like airbrush work, beautiful crisp edges without looking too digital. Reminds me of Ryan Church's style while being tighter, which is a very good thing! How are you maintaining those sleek curves... vector shapes and minutely feathered selections? I'd love to know.

One thing: I'm wishing the 'gate effect' would pop out of the pic a bit more. Possibly it's because the landscape is so light that it's hard to pick out. I'm also not too fond of the smeared blending of the elements within and behind the gate zone, I think some kind of large scale refraction / distortion might be more effective, I'm not sure. Hell, I'm struggling to find something that doesn't make my jaw hit the floor.

Steampunk - my entry

10 October 2004
Finally a bigger pic and details! I dont have time to comment it right now, but it looks awesome for sure.

DW V 2d

10 October 2004
It's quite an amazing piece!!!
Good luck!

Member of dAILY sKETCH gROUP

10 October 2004
I think you draw for work.
Awesome pic!

10 October 2004
Cool

It has a DUNE feel to it with the orange and the sun set colours very nice and the ship is incredibly colored

10 October 2004
Hello,

Your drawings and setting colors are good you to surely make
large a space opera...

10 October 2004
You're very fast, and your pictures are too good for mit to crit so... keep it up

10 October 2004
Wow! This is looking good so far! You seem very confident when it comes to colors and rendering - you won't have any problem there!

The thing I'd love to see, are a bit more design sketches. You've stuck to the ship you have now for a while, but imo it could use a second round of designing. The ship feels like it's stuck together by different parts from several ships. In some parts it's very flowing (top + rear mostly) and in others it is very blocky (the small front wing) - it doesn't feel as if the parts speak the same "language". I'd advice you to go for one style.

Hope to see another rocking update real soon!

Thread Closed share thread