Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Vijoi Daniel-Iulian

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #31
Bishoppess of Death thank you ...kind words....now you're stock on me he he....some updates later...cheers tech

Old 10 October 2004   #32
Concept Sketch: gate concept

like I said here is a concept for the stargate.....basicaly I will respect many details from here...I find interesting many of them ...but they are only concepts so far.........

Old 10 October 2004   #33
like I said...the gate is in the middle of a huge crater....you can't see some familiar objects to compare with yet but I'll show you soon .....basically the gate has arround many hangars and standing places for small and middle sized ships....also you'll find these places arround the crater and integrated with the city......

Old 10 October 2004   #34
Concept Sketch: a more detailed concept for the first ship

this is the first ship modifyed ....a more photographic close-up if you like....it is the ship that you'll see more clear.....but I decided to bring another element in the front of the composition.....I will not show it to you until I'm satisfyed with that....

hope you like that one too

Old 10 October 2004   #35
Line Art: first arangement

now let's start....this is the first layout for my work...first composition...but...many things can change 'till the end like you saw in Machineflesh too.....basicaly this is it..I'm not shore about the city so far but I'm workin on it......also I'm not shore about the colors fully too.....

but ..that's why is called WIP doesn't it?? I have threee steps of it...so here is first..

Old 10 October 2004   #36
Line Art: step two

ok now...I decided to get larger the image...more panoramic view..in order to have a better view of the city two...workin at the crater also but is not finished at all......

Old 10 October 2004   #37
Line Art: step three

now this is almost the final step of what I've been workin' 'till now.....more detailings at the crater....

probably you're askin ....man this man work so fast!!...isn't so....have the steps saved separately and I'll posted all together to see better the diferences....cheers...that's all for now

comments allways welcome

Old 10 October 2004   #38
wwwwwwwwwwwow !!
this pic's gonna rock when it's done , already so cool!

Old 10 October 2004   #39
It's a good start for the final work (even if it is not your final work)!
Nice work!
good continuation!

Old 10 October 2004   #40
bloody hey techart .....that's beautiful work

Old 10 October 2004   #41
excellent! i like how the ship reflects the colors of everything else

Sketchbook

Old 10 October 2004   #42
You have a nice workflow > the ship-designs look very convincing and the color palette is very well. At the moment its painted just a bit too smooth I feel.

Old 10 October 2004   #43
Great concepts I was able to tell it was you by the style of your ship design. Great quality. Keep up the good work!

Old 10 October 2004   #44
looks great

However, I felt the ship was more beautiful minus the extraneous details. I don't see how the details are nessecary or relevant. Some opf the strongest features were the unninterupted surfaces.
Also there seems to be two aesthetic conventions on space opera. Dramatic/operatic and form following function. When one creates it is impossible to be dissasociated with the conventions. How wil your image fit in or juxtapose these conventions. this is reguarding turning a ID sketch into an iconic moment

Old 10 October 2004   #45
Techart, really well handled. I love the colouring and the angle. I agree that the ship is stronger without the added surface elements - the surface texture is fantastic as well.

Looking forward to watching this scene develop further!

Cheers,
~Shane

Thread Closed share thread