Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Panu Uomala

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
Concept Sketch: GSO

:/

Old 10 October 2004   #62
hehehe... i remember what happened at machineflesh challenge its just that ur ideas r so fascinating that its a great pleasure watching them. Not that all of them till now arent good enough, its the other way... all of them r great! I prefer the visual of 3. sketch (charge) and idea of weepeth the nation... also the weepeth characters r just amazing (king is my favorite).

DW V 2d

Old 10 October 2004   #63
OMG! Keep that!

Old 10 October 2004   #64
Hey Squibbit,

Latest concept has a cool collage effect going, almost like a poster for a Movie....nice colouring. Keep up the good work

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 10 October 2004   #65
Cool ship with the eyes and pionted teeth.

Old 10 October 2004   #66
Nice. I like the color scheme (and the lady mentally electrifying the guy in armor) but the greenish ships in the bottom are bugging me. They keep taking my eye out of the picture (when I know they should probably be drawing me in). I think part of that is because of the direction the fish ship is going. It's passing the rest of the scene completely by. Hrm. It's to be thought about (on my part)

Old 10 October 2004   #67
wow, lots of stuff happening in latest, maybe you should reduce amount of stuff appearing a bit, it's a bit cluttered. Nicely sketched though.

Old 10 October 2004   #68
quehmow

uhm , bishoppess, yea , I think it's the hand , sorta like halts the movements of the ships,
or reverses it even. Dunno for sure cause it didn't affect me that way

fish ship ? yea ugly fish, heh , anyways , comin up extra stuff in the fish ship area , so it
might look different then

ranath i know , i made it like a movie poster , but cluttered

Old 10 October 2004   #69
I think your first sketch was the most successful. Maybe you should try building from that. Overall though, your concept work is great.

Old 10 October 2004   #70
Squibbit:

I too remember your thread from machine flesh and thinking to myself how absurdly good the concept sketches were... watching your thread develop was 75% of the fun. you seem to have kept to form with this project.

[I gotta say my vote is on the first sketch too... i really liked the sketch! :P]

Old 10 October 2004   #71
Looking good, though perhaps there are too much stuff in that consept. It might work if you make one of them bigger, or brighter.

Old 10 October 2004   #72
Im still a fan of the weepeth the king That last concept is true like a movie poster, but a bit too messy for my taste.

DW V 2d

Old 10 October 2004   #73
This one's like a 70s film poster!!

Love the idea... i think maybe you could play with scale of the various elements. For instance, i think the woman's head could be even more promininet in the composition. I like the ship with teeeth and the dude who looks like the creature frfom the blakc lagoon!!

When you gonna decide which way you're heading? (no rush... still 83 days to go... just curious)

Old 10 October 2004   #74
duddlebug ,
I think I'm gonna go with this latest one . Never really done a smooth , sharp , detailed
picture of this size before and I want to give it a shot .
And all the stuff in the sketch are like basic elements , so as you said they can be
altered in size and brought up and put back as wanted later on.

black lagoon creature...heh at one point most of the stuff in the sketch was greenish
cause i just got stuck with the color, but i might make him something like that

I'm gonna try to make the ship with teeth look fast and smooth and, while at the same
time looking like it was custom built from scrap metal and spare parts..ummh.. sumthin
like that...sorta like millenium falcon u know

also should add more unusual design in the pic , it is a Grand Space Opera afterall

Old 10 October 2004   #75
Man you're full of ideas lol. Keep it up, but don't forget to choose one

Thread Closed share thread