Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Patrick Wong

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
Line Art: newgirllineart

new line art for the princess... fleshing it out better... i think i like the head more...

11 November 2004
The new princess lineart might be a bit more fleshed out, but I personally prefered the angle of the face on the other version. It just added a nice touch of variety to a piece with alot of symmetrical shapes.

11 November 2004
Coloring WIP: colourprogress

progress... moving slowly... mostly because i'm just not working on things consistently... o well... this is coming along nice..

11 November 2004
Great sketch but a quite messy coloring. I suggest u to use some more saturated colors, and dont make such a great contrast betwen lights and shadows.. But this could be just a step in the process so im sure it will be much better at the end! cheerz

DW V 2d

11 November 2004
Coloring WIP: colouring

crap.. i'm gonna be late fo' work... o well. i do see the advantage of the other pose...

still i'm starting to develop an affinity to this right now... any suggestions?

[i'm actually working on detailing both simultaneously but obviously more work on this version]

11 November 2004
really love the cocky expression and colours on her face so far.great work.

11 November 2004
Coloring WIP: colouring

just blocking in colours... i definitely want a more elaborate costume for her... going to research/sketch more...

[sadly i've also started considering another concept... but perhaps not.. restraint! :P]

11 November 2004
hey selvagem!
Man im loving your new princess!

great colors i lloved her nose and eyes!

keep up the good work!

i think the olny thing that dosnt make my taste is her hair.
but taste is taste!

11 November 2004
easy Pat

Just looking at your latest sketches gave me an idea. You know those pictures you see of women in body paint? They are basically naked but have funky outfits or pictures painted on them so they look clothed. You could do something similar with your little lady. Perhaps have a galactic scene painted on her body. Then again I just realised thats a crap idea and I spent 30 seconds of my life typing this out. Oh well. I think that means its time for sleeeeeeeeep!

Keep on trucking with your entry. Unlike Flint

unkle

11 November 2004
I think someone should confiscate WOW off you...

12 December 2004
Line Art: newprincess

ok. i admit it. i've been bad.

i got sick... had the flu for a week and that completely destroyed my momentum... that + the new world of war craft... and work of course. in between all three of those, thats my excuse

in the interim however i have been working out different things. I think i may have been beating a dead horse with the original princess but since i've come up with this and its been moving more than relatively quickly i think i will run with this...

sigh

i feel horrible.

oh well

keep working!!!

12 December 2004
I like the style of your draw, great good luck for the challenge

My challenge page

12 December 2004
Yea I'm liking the new girl mate. Looks much more like a princess, she's got that kind of demeanour (sp?). Make those gloves silk. Phwooooorrrrrrrrrrr!

12 December 2004
Concept Sketch: protector

ok. it looks like i haven\\\'t been working but i have been... as this next huge update is going to show. i decided to update by changing one of the protectors... i think by the end of this challenge i may or may not have finished but certainly given it a good go... [i\\\'ve been busy putting together a new demo tape which i\\\'m pretty happy with at the moment. anyways... hopefully this update will be to everyone\\\'s enjoyment]

Protector : \\\"Stay back princess... i\\\'ll protect you\\\"

Thread Closed share thread