Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Panu Uomala

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
Man is that a tough perspective to work with, you pulled it off pretty good, though the lighting seems overly contrasted. I really like this conept...great job overall!

12 December 2004
That's looking great but what happened to her hair and the details on her clothing?

12 December 2004
Quote: coCoKNIghtThat's looking great but what happened to her hair and the details on her clothing?

umm... they're takin a break

it looked too messy so I redrew it and all the stuff that was there aint back yet

12 December 2004
messy? I liked it quiet a lot, especially the hair... but, ok, then I can look forward to even better looking hair and stuff

12 December 2004
Whhhoooooooaaaaa! What a spectacular display of prowess!!! I can't believe you passed the "flip-it" test... and then flipped it back! Unbelievable!

Quite the creative outpouring you've got going on in this here thread mate... and the quality of your work is really impressive ( this part is serious... )!!!

From fluffy animals to giant Ant Ships, from Gulliveresque scenes to Space Godlings... amazing! The most spirited thread I've seen so far... so much going on in that head of yours, eh?

But the most impressive of all... the names! Where do you come up with so many great names... damn...

Take care mate

www.ruipadinha.com

12 December 2004
Man... I know your 3d thread... but this one was particulary interesting... and great... and awesome... I like the idea and the concept... the framing of the final way agree me a lot... that's so fresh for my eyes... that's make me feel good... simply, I love that... I'me will be happy to follow the rest of the realization...

... now I know... one of the World Squirrel was a talentuous artist

A day... for an another challenge... I will try too to participate in 2d... it's the better way to continue to be in the art move...

12 December 2004
Nice painting, i like the cuddly little animals and the sexy lady. Sorry I cant give you any constructive critiques, I can't even draw stick figures. Everything looks pretty good to me though.

In the year 4016...

12 December 2004
Hello squibbit!!!Yes,I'm back and I'm dad now,hé,hé,hé!!!Yes,yes,excellent!!!Yip,yap,yop(Don 't know why I said that :-) )Just felt like that...

Hey your pic is really great man,there's only 2 little things in the pic that I finded a little bit strange(only a very little bit!),Hope I'm constructive..
It's the fact that the woman legs seems a little bit too little for the rest of her body(proportionel?).
2nd one is that the black color of the background(for exemple the shadows of that living statue just behind her)looks more powerfull than the black we see on the lady in the foreground.
I.And I think that it should give more deepness if it was in the other way.(damn,my english suck's again tonight)
What i mean is that the colors and the dark tones of the foreground are less powerfull as the background and so she's not really separated from the background.
Anyway i want to finish by saying"GREAT ART"!!!

My Grand SpaceBra 2d:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=184953

Last edited by OKMER : 12 December 2004 at 11:17 PM.

12 December 2004
Yip yap and gongrats , daddy OKMER !

yea I kno0W about the darkness being softer in the foreground,
just didn't bother to fix that yet

and the legs, well , u see, she was pregnant too ... yea really! and
in her universe when the baby is in the womb it grows the tongue,
a bit of the brain and both its eyes first. Then with the (very long)
tongue the baby selects choice peaces of meat from the thighs and other
parts of the mothers legs , cuts them off with the tongues razor sharp, anesthetic-
covered edge and uses the tongue to pull the pieces back and they attach to the baby.
So the baby builds itself from then on this way. when the baby got all
its parts together it starts to grow in size. it needs lots of meat for this and so
it eats the extra length of its tongue. that's why after the baby's born the
woman has smaller-looking legs... I hope I wasn't too confusing..
my medical english tends to be rather bad too

01 January 2005
Wink

Ship is still too small, perhaps I have to repaint this for you at work ...and no more funny pics, try to finish this one.

01 January 2005
heh yea , I'll try it with the bigger ship

happy new year dude and thanks for dropping by

01 January 2005
Happy new year !
Updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates !

My Website

01 January 2005
Hiya Squibbit.....
Great Work...really coming on.....how about a fluffy flying whale somewhere in the picture?????

Good luck with finishing the work and look forward to seeing the final image

01 January 2005
nicely done man. you have not 1 but 2 entrys... how ambitious of you :P keep it up.

01 January 2005
Good concept It really suprised me when I saw it..."hmm..ok there is the Lady with the gun...and the grand hall of some sort....and....and... muppets!!" Fantastic..one of the most hearthwarming pieces of work here :> true winner!

How cute can it get :>

good job!

Thread Closed share thread