Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: jonny duddle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #16
Hello, I like the last I waits to see more....

Old 10 October 2004   #17
[QUOTE=duddlebug(doesn't he get a crown from the Wild Things?).[/QUOTE]

been a while since I read it (30 or so years ) but I believe yes

Old 10 October 2004   #18
i reckon he needs a very different crown then....

Old 10 October 2004   #19
Laurel wreath perhaps if you're going with the Napoleon look ?

Old 10 October 2004   #20
hmmmm... he becomes more of an 'emporer of space' with a laurel wreath... i really like the title 'King of Space'.

I'm gonna work on that crown!! Although it's gonna be a small detail in a BIG picture!! Hopefully there'll be a whole lot of epic mythic massiveness (tongue twister?) behind him!!

Old 10 October 2004   #21
Concept Sketch: King of Space

okay... still not particularly 'grand' but it's says somewhere that story matters. ANd he's got that crown. Which will change. Honest.

This is the other sketch from the train this morning. The King of Space and some of his advisors. And a pet.

I'm gonna do some grander sketches now with the king of space in context... some rough layouts for the actual image.

Hopefully post something else towards the end of my lunch hour!!

Old 10 October 2004   #22
You're able to put so much character and emotional depth into these pics, I love 'em. They all feel like they have a lot of story to tell, keep it up.

Steampunk - my entry

Old 10 October 2004   #23
Concept Sketch: rough layout

Here's another rough layout of the whole image... I want to start working on the grand scale whilst still trying to keep the human story element.

Our little friend, the King of Space, is raised up on his throne accepting the surrender of yet another brave leader who stood in the way of intergalactic conquest...

While they watch, the now defenceless planet in the background is about to be destroyed... or invaded... or shrunk by his shrink-o-ray... or something...

And all before supper.

Marvellous.

Old 10 October 2004   #24
Thumbs up

Nice to see you work again! New story?! About the King of space in this time.

Nice sketches! Good luck!

Old 10 October 2004   #25
erm...?

not entirely sure why that last image was blown to more than double its actual size...?

ho hum....

any ideas?

Old 10 October 2004   #26
This is a fantastic idea... maybe the surrendering leader should also be a kid. Maybe the kid who used to beat up the King of Space in pre-school, which set him on his way to galactic domination. Great concept work, I particularily like the second last one, the scepter is very cool.

The image is blown up because it is automatically made as wide as the forum page.

Old 10 October 2004   #27
Thanks Speaky!! I probably got a bit carried away with the story on my last challenge and lost sight of the final image a bit. I wanna build the story up around the image this time. So it's all there... in the image...

Thanks arden-ray!! Good to see you back too... i'll pop by your thread later!!

Thanks TimothyD!! And thanks for the tip on re-sizing... i never realised...

I was thinking about involving other kids... the surrendering leader in the first diddy rough was supposed to be a girl princess-type.

i really like the bully idea though!!

Old 10 October 2004   #28
like the last one, and I agree it'd be cool to see more kids in there

Old 10 October 2004   #29
Thumbs up

I like your latest concept, good luck

Old 10 October 2004   #30
That last sketch looks spectacular. I think you're on to something good with this. Only suggestion I have at this point is that the red planet really draws your attention away from the main focus of the picture. Easy to fix with a little de-saturation & it is still real early in the process. Just thought I'd point out what I noticed first.

Good luck!

Thread Closed share thread