Grand Space Opera Voting open!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2005
Problem with image

Hi Mibus

Looking through the images. The 2D entry by Krzysiek Kamrowski (Kengi) - hope my spelling is correct - seems to have some construct lines on.......

Great images all round. Good luck to all

Paul

Gravity really gets me down

01 January 2005
Mistaken votes cast!

Ok I wish I could reset my vote count... and start over. After the first page I realized how many of these great pictures there are and continued all the way to the last page. After that I am now going back and only voting for the images which directly fit the theme GSO otherwise I will be voting for almost all of them. There are just sooooo many fantastic pieces of art! I would say less than half of them have anything to do with Grand Space Opera theme tho... What a dilema.

Can you guys add a not easy to hit on accident reset vote count button? PLEASE!!!

01 January 2005
Wheew, done voting for the 2D section. It was great to see all the finished pieces side by side.

I'm still a bit sad that my piece suffers from the jpg compression here at cgnetworks.
I checked my tiff before I sent it, and it looked ok.
I really don't know why this happens, the other pics look great.
If anyone knows why please let me know, just to be safe the next time I post a pic here.

I'll be voting for the 3d section tonight, looking forward to that

01 January 2005
Just wanted to say top work guys! Thoroughly enjoyed voting for this challenge. Best of luck to everyone who entered.

01 January 2005
Perhaps, at least a remove vote for this image count. Even though it will be hard to tell which you did and did not unless you remember exactly.

I am finding that there are alot of in my opinion equally good entries in the 2D category which are amazing, beautiful and fit the theme. In the 3D not so much of the theme..

01 January 2005
Stunning images! Good luck to all....may the best image win

NGmultimedia Online portfolio

01 January 2005
Talking

For 3d Gerardo Damian Barbero Breat Image quality ( a cut above the rest ) And outstanding

For 2d Daryl Mandryk Very Nice.

01 January 2005
Yes, great challenge with a lot of stuning works. Thanks very much as I have learned a lot here, and maybe will have enough skills to enter the next one

But I agree that jury should get more than 15 images from each category.

Maybe wait untill the end of the voting, and see if there is a bigger "jump" in number of votes between work number 15 and 16... I doubt that, but there could be a big jump between for example first 25 works and the rest... so maybe that would make you change your minds

Hope that some cgtalk guru will read that

01 January 2005
well... congratz everyone great works here...!
and i mostly glad because i finished my grand space opera on time... due all the problems ... :(
It is hard to have 17 years

Concept designer

01 January 2005
Good luck to everyone.

01 January 2005
Well done on the voting page! COngratulaitons. And well done on the images dear challengers Jury will have a difficlt task.

01 January 2005
Good luck to everyone !
I'll vote for sure, the images are freaking awesome

01 January 2005
For 3d Gerardo Damian Barbero Breat Image quality ( a cut above the rest ) And outstanding attention to detail.

He was the only one I felt that really put his sole into the project. Alot of the entries were good and had alot of detail on one or two objects in the sceen and the rest were low rez and kinda unfinnished looking some of them ( just from the thumbnail ) looked so baren of objects I didn't even bother looking at the high rez.

For 2d Daryl Mandryk

This one was alot tougher for me to chose and I had to go with the subject matter.

tranchefeux had tons more detail but I just did'nt care much for the subject matter and it looked a bit washed out. But that was probobaly intentional There are too many good 2d artists to name all of them that I really liked but daryl mandryk just eaked out ahead in myopinion. All of the 2d artists were better in composition ( I feel ) then the 3d artists.

01 January 2005
and yeah it is great because there is possibility of voting for more then 1 image! ... well... my vote goes to ... manny works

Concept designer

01 January 2005
Since the theme itself is being taken soo completely into account less are getting my vote than I expected or really want to but that short list is too important for those few really on target bad ass entries.

My way of voting for all of them is going to be creating a music video for the GSO on DVD for everyone here:

Grand Space Opera the Music Video

reply share thread