Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Hamid Ibrahim

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Hamid Ibrahim

Hamid Ibrahim has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The Drowning Galaxy

hi again this is the very final final....since i did the previouse ones compositing at a rush..did it again!

THE STOREY

this scene is after the galactic flooding i have told before.

a group of confedrates calling themselves "the rebuilders intergalacticia" started to search the galaxy into getting inteligent beings to serve them to build a new civilization ...but they were driven to slavery of those who submit...knowing this the ppl began to hide in all the corners of galaxy where no one will look...then the TRI's began to score the galaxy with there massive Subraycons to take ppl out forcefully...and killing...! in one corner of the galaxy known as the space oceania whirls(SWO) a group of the last rescures finds the subraycons battalion in the distance and the triple starts off to warn the tribes that live among the astroid islands in the SWO.

About the image:
renderd about 6 layers...the bg sea..the tornadoes..the particle clouds..the three ppl...the bg planets...the low poly subraycons...the rock belts..

each took about 20 minutes to render.on two dual amd opterons.

compositing done in photoshop.. all layers combined...intergrated some clouds textures...and adjusted the colour...manuel fog...manuel..blurring hmm thats all ..:-)

12 December 2004
Concept Sketch: Drowned Planets

hi everyone! here is my concept.let me explain a little about the image and a brief history of what its about. its a galaxy flooded with an ocean beyond imagination.And since a long long time ago there have always been war between the planetarians (like us) and the ocean dwelling creatures.After fighting for so long a time the ocean creatures seemed to be wining, so the remaining threads of planetarians search to flee to other galaxies.In this scene the image depicts a group of beings (looks rather human )and some other creatures starting the journey after a rest in this particular astroid.At the background are planets half submerged in the ocean.And the sun above keeps the ocean from invading in due to its heat.

12 December 2004
Thumbs up cool concept

nice concept .... looking foward to your 3d models

12 December 2004
Modeling: palm tree

the intial modeling of palm tree .

12 December 2004
Modeling: the smaller beings

construction of the base model for the smaller biengs. maybe ill modify some of them to look more alien later.

12 December 2004
Very nice concept, but a lot hard work to be done... and small amount of time... So many characters to model and pose... I hope you will manage to do it! good luck

12 December 2004
Modeling: the hand

the base hand witch ill make slight modifications for the different charaters in the scene.

12 December 2004
Modeling: the women

just finished the basic mesh of the women.

12 December 2004
Smile

arturro ur right! but thanks for the encouragment. have been up all day modeling and i suspect till the dead line. cheers

12 December 2004
Hi,

I agree with arturro, but I see also that you're working very fast... and it looks good and clean, what I see yet. I'm looking forward to see details on your characters!

Good luck!

Roadrunner

12 December 2004
Smile

yeah roadrunner4D, thanks ! well i know im a bit of a jumble here anyways here is an explantion of how the galaxy became as it is.

a long long time ago (well guys its the same old classic opening again :rolleyes there lived an ocean based civilisation . they were rapidly running out of space to live in there planet called "kandrioxan". one man a brilliant scientist invented the method of creating water through hyperspace but something went very wrong resulting the production of endless water thereby spilling out of the planet into space and spread throught out the galaxy.
but this didnt make any problems to the kandorians .......

12 December 2004
Modeling: mans hand

hi! here is the basic hand modified to look more muscular and manly

12 December 2004
Modeling: the man

its yet the model i worked on most. is more muscular then i originally planed . will water down the muscles a bit .... good idea?

12 December 2004
Modeling: some smoothing

here some smoothing tests i have done so far but still a lot to go

12 December 2004
Wow so much work in two days! Amazing works too.

"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

My GSO: Audhumbia

Thread Closed share thread