Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Sergio Arístides Rosa

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
Hello there Kragh. You are right about the legs on the robot (just took a look at my cat, hehe). I will work on that right away.

As for the soldier. Since my reference was from anime I made him somewhat slim, but to tell the truth skinny soldiers don't make that much sense
Since the most notorious area is the legs I will add more mass to that before doing anything else

I will check the reflections on the highlight, and btw when I re-read your second post I thought "oh he's talking about the diffuse terminator!", hehehe.

Thanks for the imput man

Disclaimer: My opinions are not those of my employer

12 December 2004
Can he see?

After looking at the textured version of the human I'm wondering if he would be able to see. The visor has a line of color change right at the level of the eyes.. and the visor looks like it would be dangerous to wear, almost cutting into the nose like that.

Other than that Great work. I just try and add to the realisim by imagining if it were real.. soldiers tend to get beat around and their equipment needs to be ready for it.

Bug droids... good classic horror vector.

Space opera-attempt

Master/Slave Entry

WebSite

12 December 2004
Coming along, nicely. I haven't checked this thread in awhile (it's impossible to keep up with everyone, and still have time to do actual work on your entry ). I really like the cloth textures on your soldier. The only comment I would have is that the wrinkles around his upper arm look pinched, and not very realistic, but maybe after he's posed...

keep going.

Master and Servant Challenge

12 December 2004
Modeling: girl wip

Hullo... I barely started with this one but I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive *big grin*

Behold my somewhat-human little girl who is about to get her brains smashed *evil grin*

It's funny to see these anime characters in 3D. They look somewhat strange O_o

anywayz she still needs a lot of work... and in case you are windering she's wearing her PJs.

12 December 2004
I think the eyes are too separated. Maybe I should bring them closer to each other?
And yeah... shoes are included

12 December 2004
Good job so far. My one critique on your creature robot, is that the left and the right sides look identical, you might try breaking up the design with an occasional random shape so to speak.. used right it can do wonders for a model.

12 December 2004
Originally Posted by ||) |V| |^|: Good job so far. My one critique on your creature robot, is that the left and the right sides look identical, you might try breaking up the design with an occasional random shape so to speak.. used right it can do wonders for a model.

thanks man, you just gave me an idea

12 December 2004
Girl

Hi Sergio, merry christmas

Great discussion in my entry...

As for the little girl, great job. About your own issue about eyes, I think you are very right. Would make her look more innocent. Maybe also scale down her upper head(forehead maily), has a little too grown up shape. But that I´m not sure of, as I´m not that into anime, and don´t know the proportions in this style.
I was so emotionally touched when I saw the red coat on the wagon in "Schindlers list", and because of that I just have to see what you can do here. Think You could really make something touching. My own work totally lacks that kind of stuff, so maybe I could get inspired...?

About the robotic legs, I think it´s good to make your cat the reference. The leg proportions of cats was exactly what I imagined, just didn´t realized it when I wrote it.

see you

12 December 2004
Texturing: girl texturing

I am "done" with modeling and I am right now working on texturing... I give you my soon-to-be-killed innocent girl, her name is Marion (I just thought that the nametag idea was fun).

And now revisit the other two models.

12 December 2004
Texturing: closeup

a closer look... it didn't come out that bad :) or at least I think O_o

12 December 2004
Modeling: revisited droid

Changed the length of some leg sections and added a little shield to the right arm. I thought that they needed something to actually block shots.

12 December 2004
Yes, Marion is a good character. And thanks for the fun conversation on Kragh's thread!
My singer is actually my first attempt at a "realistic" head too. Looking forward to seeing your
texturing. My entry has my first painted for texturing effort on my opera ship. Lets finish,
I will if just to learn how to upload the final! I think it is good to have a strong idea for
the main character, like we do. I think it really helps my piece. Hey, it's like we have the
makings of character development in our pieces! Gotta be a plus!

my 3d entry

12 December 2004
Thanks for the comments
I just made the rig for her and also the facial expression.
Hopefuly I will be working on the foreground of the image in the next two days

Alway a pleasure to join a fun talk on someone's thread

12 December 2004
those characters are really cool man ;P I like them it's little japan style but it's so cool... keep up the good work :P and be sure to finish that image

12 December 2004
Nice finish up on the girl, very anime like. Can't wait to see the expressions on the girl and the foreground. Nice revision on the insect robot too.

In the year 4016...

Thread Closed share thread