Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Sergio Arístides Rosa

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
I like what you've done wiht the driod, looks more dangerous. Will you be another type of droid or are you a bit too short on time? Waitingto see what you will work on next.

In the year 4016...

12 December 2004
Texturing: the "insect" like shader

I was going to model the "human forces" but I decided on finishing the droid first. This is the shader I developed for the "armored parts". You can also see a small picture of my "reference". I kinda like the way that the "env map" looks but I am thinking on using a different approach since the lower part is barely visible.

Disclaimer: My opinions are not those of my employer

12 December 2004
Texturing: semi textured robot

This is what I meant by "lower part nearly visible". As you can see the lower part of the pieces aren't visible at all! I'll have to take a different route for the env texture...
And btw I was thinking on rendering out an "env map" that would include at least the close elements of the image and use. Any ideas on how to do it without having to render a bunch of frames in different directions?

And btw... C&C welcome!

12 December 2004
He looks like a toy every kid will want for xmas. Maybe rendering him in a lighter background color would allow us to see the bottom parts. I'm guessing the rest of the parts are going to be black while the the eyes are red? I liek the sahder but for some reason its smoothing some of the edges out so that some of the details I saw in the clay render are visible anymore, unless you smoothed them out. Oh, and for some reason email notification isn't working for your thread.

In the year 4016...

12 December 2004
Texturing: texturing test on a lighter background

Hello

The same thinb but I used a light background this time. As you can see the envtexture maps weirdly onto the surface...

And yeah, ace, this little one would surely make a lot of children happy this xmas, hehehe. You almost got it right... I wasn't thinking about using red eyes... maybe golden eyes, not red... or maybe golden/red eyes :D

Now you make me wonder if the email notification not working is the reason why nobody comes :(

12 December 2004
Much better background. The envmap looks a bit wierd on the chest, arms and pelvis. The head and leg/feet parts dont seem too bad with the shader, but the specularity could be toned down a bit IMO. The color shceme I guessed because most insects have a colored shell and the rest of the body parts are usually black, the eyes I saw as red since almost every robot has red eyes, especially when they are evil but I think gold would work great.

As for the email notification, I didn't get it again, I thought it was a bit weird 3 of my post ago when I didn't get the notifications and so I waited agian to see if i would get it but I didn't although I use to in the beginning. You could always report it in the cgtalk support forum, im sure they'll check it out for you.

In the year 4016...

12 December 2004
Modeling: human forces head WIP

hullo everybody.

I figured I'd share this one with you. Since I still have a long way to go on modeling I think it is a good idea to finish it before anything else.

I have never modeled a photorealistic human before so I am taking the road less traveled: anime characters *evil grin*

I wonder if it is against the rules to recycle my Rika character (see signature) and use it here...

12 December 2004
hiya, great effort so far..

to answer your question, it is against the rules to use a pre-modelled character.

Work on the ears a bit, the lobes shouldn't be as thin

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

12 December 2004
I agree with Versiden, ears shouldn't be a thin. The lips could be fuller too, unless your tring to stick closely to anime lips like rika. Alos the little piece of flesh between the nostril seems to come down a bit to far past the sides of the nose, I know some people have that but I'm just pointing it out. Pretty good start, waiting to see your next update.

In the year 4016...

12 December 2004
Versiden: you are right. Those budha ears don't look that good. Those are really giving me a hard time and I am thinking that it will be easier to remodel the ear than trying to fix it (although that part is covered by the helmet so... )

Ace: Actually I worked a little bit more on the head after posting this. I had noticed that "thing" about the lips and the lower part of the nose and they are fixed... sort of. BTW did you get the email notification this time?

More updates today

Cheers

12 December 2004
Yea, i got the notification, meant to tell you i did when Versiden replied.

In the year 4016...

12 December 2004
Modeling: head... finished???

Hullo everybody.
Due to the amount of time I am cutting as much corners as possible... as I said before the ears and eyes don't show... sooooo... I give you my eyeles and bald head :D

As you can see I did fix the lips and the lower part of the nose :)

12 December 2004
Modeling: body modeling WIP

Box modeling is cool. I have the head and now I go for the body. The arms and legs look somewhat thin but that's just the "base" figure. I will be layering the clothing on top of that geometry (or rather modify that geometry to make my clothing).

C&C welcome :D

12 December 2004
heeey yo nemirc how are you my friend I see you have so many thinks updated but I miss a lot of time because of my UNI.. I like that insect shader man and the robot is cool I'm sure in the compostition everythink will be fine and about the Guy , he looks very cool and you model it very fast. I wish ya luck and Bcareful

12 December 2004
Nice updates. In your composition it didn't seem like there was going to be a close up of the soldier so facial details dont seem to me too important. Good start on the body, nothing to critique really. Waiting to see more .

In the year 4016...

Thread Closed share thread