Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Sergio Arístides Rosa

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
Modeling: insect droid WIP 2

Behold the headless droid! :D

Box modeling all the way except for the "abdomen" and the wires on the arms and legs (those would be NURBS).
I reworked the shoulder area. On the previous post I noticed that there was no possible way for this guy to rotate the arm any axis other than X O__o

C&C welcome

Disclaimer: My opinions are not those of my employer

12 December 2004
Concept Sketch: human soldier sketch

Or rather quick sketch. After grounding the idea it took me like 5 minutes to do the whole thing, hehehe.

Since I can\'t spend too much time with the 3D apps I figured I could continue doing the sketches.

12 December 2004
Concept Sketch: walker concept design

After making a few now-in-the-trashcan sketches for this one I decided to go for a very simple look. It doesn't look menacing at all (except for those really pointy legs...) but that's kinda the cool part: it's a beautiful killing machine ^o^'

12 December 2004
• OH, MY GOD! Chistus has also entered the challenge!?!, now we're all screwed!!....Lol

Good luck Sergio!

12 December 2004
Nice update on the droid and interesting concepts (don't worry, i can't draw either). Luckily I understand such art (you should see my handwriting, it puts picasso to shame ), I like that "beautiful" killer, but aren't all the beautiful ones killers . Waiting for your next update.

In the year 4016...

12 December 2004
Nice updates my friend I like the robo yeah but he needs some more details I think :P WiSh ya lucK keep goin

12 December 2004
Originally Posted by Divaise: Nice updates my friend I like the robo yeah but he needs some more details I think :P WiSh ya lucK keep goin

Thanks for the nice comments Climax, ace4016 and Divaise

I also believe it needs some more details, but I am strugling on what kind of details to add. I am going to add a "vertebrae-look" to the spine. However I'd also like to add something to the breast. The thing is that I don't know how it will look with the "insect shader" I will make for those parts. Well, I figure I just have to add them and see how they look together

Anywayz... that will have to wait till tomorrow night when I finally get rid of university

12 December 2004
You could always look at the armor insects already have for inspiration for your droids' armor, and they already have an insect shader on them so its easier to imagine how it will look on your droids.

In the year 4016...

12 December 2004
Concept Sketch: background city

you may have noticed that the background was a little bit empty... this is what will be on the background. You can see that the buildings on the left show more damage than the ones of the right. That's because of the "path of destruction" (all invading forces are advancing from left to right).

I am working on a "color test" right now... I hope it will be available in not-so-few minutes

12 December 2004
Concept Sketch: color test

Well it took me less than I expected. As you can see I am focusing on the girl and the droids that are coming to kill her.

The robo will be finished by tomorrow, promise :)

And btw, believe it or not that image was handpainted with a mouse! I am SO good LOL

And another BTW: I forgot to mention that in this one I layered the foreground onto the background so you can have an actual idea on how the final image SHOULD look like :D

Last edited by nemirc : 12 December 2004 at 07:53 AM.

12 December 2004
Nice sketches my friend but you don't have time please bring yourself and start working hard with modeling however the idea is great. Wish ya luck man I'm with you.

12 December 2004
very nice man concepts are really good come on i need to see updates of the robot is really good keep it up man

12 December 2004
Sergio,

A late but nice start (like myself) but keep at it. It will be a great learning experience for you and you will take a lot from it if you finish.

Good luck

JA

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you"

12 December 2004
Yeah I know. Luckily that was my last sketch (I think) so I will finish the robot right now

12 December 2004
Modeling: insect droid

Behold my finished droid... small details will be added with bumps and textures. I will begin working on the human forces tomorrow.
C&C more than welcome ^-^'

Thread Closed share thread