Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Dominic Leskinen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #16
I think it would be best to show something just about to happen,something exciting,what i see now is kinda boring.Whats the actual plan here.There is no real visuals or excitement.i mean a mystery is great,but you need to show more before hand for anyone to really care about whats next in this so-called mystery.AnywaysmI am probably missing something,I'll wait till you finish to judge better.

Old 12 December 2004   #17
Very cool concept. I like it alot. Keep it up!

Old 12 December 2004   #18
Very interresting.
It's a little Magritte-like, for me.
My Grand Space Opera 3D

Old 12 December 2004   #19
thanks for all the comments!

Kylebrn / this is about tension and potential not about the event itself. there always has to be a point before... life isn't all about action and adventure... everybody has to sleep, everybody has to wait for something..

||) |V| |^| / Thanks!

JPCohet / I just did a google for Magritte, and I can definitely see you what you mean. But I guess his works are still very abstract and surreal.

I am really trying to make this realistic and less abstract... just in case i haven't made it clear before, I'm not trying to make anything mind blowing. This is intentionally a simple idea, and the simpler I can keep it the more direct the effect of the image will hopefully be..

Old 12 December 2004   #20
Modeling: modelling the main visible character

here she is.. the interest.. trying to make the dress look as if it is caught in a breeze, might have to work it a bit more..

Old 12 December 2004   #21
Lighting: modified characters and textures

updated all the textures, have modified the characters..

still having some difficulty with depth of field.. it seems to make things that should be out of focus look grainy.. any suggestions?

Old 12 December 2004   #22
Rendering: depth of field - focal blur

anybody know anything about depth of field or focal blur? it seems to make the object grainy/fuzzy rather than blurry?

any help would be appreciated!

Old 12 December 2004   #23
Rendering: detail - seedship

this is a detail of the ship which will be in the distance of the final render..

Old 12 December 2004   #24
You have the right elements and right tools at your hand! I think you could bring more feeling of a some kind of conflict to this image. What about having a light pointing at someone below on the ground or something like that? Something should indicate that things are moving on. Well done so far!

-Tuomas

Check/comment this...

Old 01 January 2005   #25
Post Effects and Compositing: clarion array - composite f

reworked the framing and colouring, changed contrast values and shadows. removed distant rain.

Old 01 January 2005   #26
Final Image: Clarion Array

Final image - enjoy.
Concept remains the same: The collective vivid dream of the passangers aboard the 'seedship', destined to colonise a new world..

Old 01 January 2005   #27
Really, I like your final image. I have voted for you.
Good luck.
My Grand Space Opera 3D

Old 01 January 2005   #28
Me too. I like it a lot - it really stands out, this simple beauty is unique for this challenge. Good luck!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 02 February 2005   #29
thanx gunilla and jpcohet!

Old 02 February 2006   #30
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread