Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Jason Maguire

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #16
Modeling: Modeling - Elder

Hey guys, havenít updated for a while. Iím back to work now. :)

Made a start on the body, Iíve modelled him straight into his pose to make the wrinkles easier to model. Not entirely happy with him at the moment, any suggestions for improvement? :)

Old 11 November 2004   #17
Modeling: Scene Test

I've put together a very rough render to get an idea of how it's all fitting together. I'm redesigning the exterior at the moment, please ignore the horrible buildings I put in the concept. :)

Old 11 November 2004   #18
hey eagle, i'm glad you updated, was getting worried that you might have forgotten

the model of the old man looks great, my only crit would be that the shoulder doesn't look natural (maybe a little too rounded and/or large).

and since he's old, i wouldn't give hime the stance you've given him now.

meaning: the back of the man should have a long curve, instead of a sharp curve at the bottom of his back (now his stance looks like that of a young and healthy man in his 20s or 30s) and even if they had superior medical technology, his age would still show in his stance.

hope this makes sence.

keep it up.

cheers

edit: ok here's more or less what I mean:

Last edited by Fahad : 11 November 2004 at 12:20 AM.

Old 11 November 2004   #19
Some nice work here Jason....................I agree on the shoulder,it's pretty minor.I think the scene should still be opened up a touch at least.Widen up the room a bit,and then make the window/opening even wider,opening up the skies and BG even more so........Jut some thoughts for you........All in all you are doing some nice work here,I like it.......Keep it up.........

Old 11 November 2004   #20
The material has a very "heavy" look to it which i like alot, do you know what I mean by that? The way it's rippled and stuff. Infact it reminds me of the bit in Star Wars where Hans Solo is encased in lead, or frozen or whatever.

The Journey Begins

My CG Society Portfolio

Old 12 December 2004   #21
Hi guys, thanks for your comments.

I completely agree with your critique, I'll fix up the shoulders and give him a more curved back before I start texturing the robe.

Old 12 December 2004   #22
Texturing: Elder Texture 1

Hi guys!

After another short break (was distracted by "Uru: Ages Beyond Myst" this time!) I'm back to work again.

I've made some adjustments to the facial structure of the Elder and made a start on his texturing. :)

Old 12 December 2004   #23
Great work so far! I like every part of it. Maybe only make those guys more stooped or bended down... it would look more realistic

good job! I'm waiting for more

Old 12 December 2004   #24
Very nice updates and that guy look very realistic
no crits for now keep up the good work

Old 12 December 2004   #25
wow... this is great..

texturing and modelling is awesome.. I like the table and lamp designs..

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 12 December 2004   #26
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it!

I should be making a start on texturing the robe soon.

Old 12 December 2004   #27
Looking very nice Jason.........Your doing an overall very good job here.I like the whole thread.........In your latest update I could only suggest (A taste thing) so dont mind it too too much......................You can perhaps give him a little more red and brown to the skin pallette.......And lower the wrinkles or folds in his forehead a touch.......Either way you have some real nice work here,keep this up,I'll watch for more.......

Old 12 December 2004   #28
Texturing: Elder - Robe Texture 1

Made a start on texturing the robe, still needs some work I think. Maybe it's too dark? what do you guys think?

Old 12 December 2004   #29
Virtuoso: Thanks for your comment! I fixed up the wrinkles on his head a little. I'll add some more colour to the texture aswell, thanks!

Old 12 December 2004   #30
Texturing: Elder - Robe Texture 2

More texturing tests. :)

Thread Closed share thread