Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Adrian Tee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #46
Definately like the second design better Keep it up!

Old 11 November 2004   #47
I agree with Borro, i prefer the second, more dynamic.

Nice work!

Old 11 November 2004   #48
Modeling: modelling hellatorious

blocking out the shapes.. this time i have a clearer idea of what i am modelling..

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #49
Modeling: hellatorius*

back view, block stage, my flow is to block out the shapes first and then add the detail later..

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #50
Modeling: hellatorius*

front part, same model but different view, im really liking where this is going. What do you think? Any suggestions?? Im thinking how do I make the moving parts, use a gear or some sort of alien tubes? Im really lost in doing mechanical stuff.. Please help!! I want to make a connector in short, connecting the wings and body. See the next pic to see my version..

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #51
Modeling: hella problem

the "gears" is marker by the red circle. basically it is 3 cylinders string together. thats it. and theres another flatter cylinder on the body of the ship, to rotate it in another axis wihch cannot be seen here.

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #52
Modeling: hellatorius moving parts

Another view of the moving part, notice the circular flat gear that moves it up and down. What do you think? How should I improve it?

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #53
awesome new peashooter. Can't wait to see it finished and in action!

Ara's Flight - Short Film About the Armenian Genocide
www.arasflight.com

Old 11 November 2004   #54
Modeling: hellatorius..

modelled the bridge and refined the wings part.. not much of an update tho.. one question, besides using meshmooth and subdivision in editpoly is there any other way to make the object looks smooth, esp for squarish object like space ships? i don wan to spend my time chamfering most of the edges.. any other solution?

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #55
Modeling: hellatorius - block model low poly

ok im done modelling the low poly version of this ship. added gi to show it better. What do you think? Moving on to model other objects, probably a bigger space ship..

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #56
Concept Sketch: modelling mothership dubbed "divinitus"

ok concept for the mothership called "divinitus" which means heaven in greek. Sorry for the scan quality as i have crappy scanner(its not even mine) anyways i will move on to modelling soon!

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #57
Modeling: divinitus modelling!

Not much of an update here just to show the basic blocks I am going to build the ship from.

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #58
wow I love the design!
never seen something like this before!

can't wait to see them textured!

Old 11 November 2004   #59
hey very interesting ship designs mate... keep it up man

Old 11 November 2004   #60
Thumbs up

Great work so far. I love the modeling ideas. Those ship designs are bad @$$! More more mroe!

Thread Closed share thread