Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Adrian Tee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #31
looking good so far, IOM, I like the blocky version of the gateway, but, I you go with the organic one, I prefer it without spikes.

Also I want to add, the Alien Spaceship desing if AMAZING, I saw a lot of spaceships in the space opera threads, but the main ship of the concept has a real cool shape, I hope the 3d version keep that speed and dangerous feeling.

keep it up!

Old 11 November 2004   #32
Concept Sketch: concept for "peashooter"

i drew this on a notepad and the scan quality is quite bad, but basically it is a medium sized ship, that shoots a laser/energy beam that when hits a planet it will disrupt the water concentration and breaks the molecule into hydrogen and blows up the entire planet. To destroy a planet, around 9 of these ships are needed.

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #33
Modeling: "peashooter"

at last, started modelling again.. this time modelling another object, the "peashooter" so called because compared to the other ships this is one of the smallest ;) here it is initial stages...

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #34
Modeling: updated

updated smoothing the front part of the ship, the rest is still in progress... working really slow here..

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #35
Thumbs up

nice model! i like your concept so far! interesting and great! But for your models, IMHO, you shud reduce the number of polygons. The high poly count makes the ships too organic. if you are using nurbs, then you should control the edges to make it more "metal" and "sharp edged".

other than tat, keep up the good work ! all da best dude

www.teapot.com.my
- Malaysia's CG Portal
www.qube.asia - Coming Soon

Old 11 November 2004   #36
Hi,

nice story and modeling. Looks very promising. I would recommend that you work on the composition a bit more so that you know exactly what you need to model and not. This could save you a lot of work. Might even do a sketch in color.

good luck and peace

Ara's Flight - Short Film About the Armenian Genocide
www.arasflight.com

Old 11 November 2004   #37
spyder: I always use subd, , as for the organic looking thingy its because i have not defined the corners yet. Expect more updates soon.

Hiespike: Thats a good idea. I might just do that. Thanks !

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #38
Modeling: peashooter

smooth version, what do you think?

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #39
Modeling: peashooter close up

closeup shot for the mid section of the ship... any ideas? critics?

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #40
heya...
the gateway looking awesome man.. very menacing at the same time.

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 11 November 2004   #41
This gateway is looking excellent. I love the organic feel to it. Great process your showing. Keep up the good work.

Old 11 November 2004   #42
Been not posting for awhile, right now going back to basics and learning how to draw anatomy figures and starting to sketch circles and squares and round. But ill still be doing this challenge however will be slow.. hopefully i can finish this challenge in time. Good luck to everyone out there! Hang on!

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #43
I just got back from another state and I saw expose 2 and d'artiste for sale.. omg I can't wait to buy it but don have that much money to spent on a book alone... sob sob.. Now I'm fired up and I wanna aim for getting the expose 2 prize!! Argh!!! Here I come, going to do the mother ship sketch and revamped the design for the peashooter and gateway maybe.. Stay tuned!

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #44
The more I look at the ship the more I don like it, hemm any comments ?? I redefined the shape and add more detail this time. What do you think? I think I am going to go with this design and thrash the old one. Learnt a valuable lesson, do your concept art well before start to model! Other challengers are already modelling away and some even started texturing.. Im still here! Argh!!

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #45
Concept Sketch: new concept for peashooter

previously known as peashooter, now renamed to "hellatarious" which means warlike in greek i think. Going to start modelling ASAP! ps: tell me what you think about the new design..

Dive Into the Pool

Thread Closed share thread