Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Adrian Tee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #16
Modeling: squarish gate

this gate is blocky kinda gate, squarish, should i go for this....

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #17
Modeling: organic

... this one is more organic and roundish corners, more to the alien culture, wich one is better? remember this gateway should have a hint of greek architecture, so if anyone has references to greek/roman designs let me know tq :)

tq borro and gunilla, you guys are doing great too ;)

Dive Into the Pool

Last edited by tzktime : 11 November 2004 at 05:25 PM.

Old 11 November 2004   #18
Looking at your sketches I'm more for the organic one, eventually some minor details can be a little bit more geometrical... wait fo the next step !
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Old 11 November 2004   #19
I prefer the second one too. As was said, our (human) concept of tech (angles, edges) can be incorporated within the organic lines.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...ght=Mark+Lawson

Old 11 November 2004   #20
Modeling: modelling!!

minor modelling, going for the organic feel, making the top of the "trojan" helmet sharp.. also any ideas for the space tunnel thingy? suppose to be a space gateway warping tunnel thing... @-@, i will model more tonight, gotta sleep now..

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #21
Originally Posted by tzktime: ...The Ealypians know about this attack and starts evacuating thru the gateway. However because the Alien Empire arrives sooner than expected, a few remaining stayed behind and fought with the aliens, sacrificing themselves to defend the remaining escapees.

It's funny: I had almost the exact same idea for my piece, but at the last minute I swapped it for another concept. Now I'm really going to be interested in seeing how this turns out.

Old 11 November 2004   #22
lol, thats not the first time i heard that, another guy did a same concept as me as well. Hopefully I can at least do a great piece of this challenge to justify the battle of Thermopylae.

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #23
Well I think you chose the right version of the Gate. Now for the space warp use lot's of light cuz that's what it is... refraction of light and time... and to best show the effect take a ship turn soft selection on, pick some verteces and move them toward the Gate to achieve a great effect ok keep it up!

Old 11 November 2004   #24
I'm sure you've probably moved past this, but I actully like the blocky gate. the non blocky gate looks un polished to me. prehaps if you keep the organic look but some how tighten up the insets or add control segments to tighten up the -shift in the bevel. mostly in the forward facing tabs (or what ever I may call them, the rest actully looks really good, just those parts bother me)

rock on and keep it up.

Old 11 November 2004   #25
Borro: Thats a good idea, gonna try that out

Bookmanblues: Are u talking about the "wing" part? Im not sure which part you are talking about? Anyways heres an update..

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #26
Modeling: modelling still..

this is the updated gateway design..
not too happy with it..
however i refined some parts of the gateway so it looks more solid.

im thinking of putting spikes on the wings thingy, see next post..

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #27
Modeling: modelling..

spike version... i plan to make the spike like sort of sucked in to the middle, here its just straight down.. i pretty like this version since it was the original concept.. but right now it looks like crap :P

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #28
Modeling: modelling gateway...still

ahh... heres a better version of the gateway.. the spikes are more align to the center of the gate..tell me what you think!

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #29
Modeling: gateway..still

here is a more cleaner look, got rid of the extra "wing" and spikes. Okay gonna leave this be for now and going to modelling the mothership(fun part).. stay tuned

Dive Into the Pool

Old 11 November 2004   #30
Modeling: close up gateway

close up on the gateway "headpiece" which support to look like trojan helmet... hmm

Dive Into the Pool

Thread Closed share thread