Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Aaron Lambert

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Rendering: Finished Rendering

This is from the huge render, but reduced to fit into the submision size.

If you are a happy employee does that make you 'gruntled'?
-Jack Handey

01 January 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: Touching It Up

Seperated parts into layers on Photoshop then added various degrees of blur to make objects appear further away as they retreated in space. Also added more little platform to the clusters around the main station.

-Jack Handey

01 January 2005
Hey Aaron,

You have a nice soft atmosphere to your image,nice amount of detail. I think I would be visiting Moms pastries a little too often . Good job and good luck.
Mike

01 January 2005
Thumbs up Gracias mi amigos!

Thanks a lot Mike, I really appreciate your support, along with everyone else who posted. kntemplar, keetmun, Lovliebutterfly, monsitj, Warit, Claireabella, linvon, glim, ||) |V| |^|, and everyone else who posted with comments or suggestions: you guys rock! Well, I'm almost done, very exciting. I can't wait to see who wins. Heck, if I even manage to get honorable mention I'll be extremely pleased.

-Jack Handey

01 January 2005
Well, crud. It wouldn't let me submit the final jpeg, even though the time wasn't up. That stinks! I did manage to send the final TIFF. I don't know if that means I somehow won't be considered for the contest but if so, then that's a serious bummer. Hmm, I guess I have to wait and see.

-Jack Handey

01 January 2005
Hey man you've got some pretty good stuff going on. The lighting's looking pretty good. You should try submitting the final again, since deadline's been extended. Don't give up!

01 January 2005
Final Image: Final Image: Lorelli, the floating city

Itís very good to have this finally done and I am especially thankful to CG Networks for putting this whole contest on and for providing inspiration (along with some perspiration) and learning to us 3D artists.
To get the full story behind the image, read the short descriptive paragraph on the first page of my thread. Basically, this is a civilization where everyone can float around freely without the use of extra equipment. However, technology has also allowed the ability to make machines float as well, hence the floating city surrounded by floating platform/shops. A floating bazaar if you will. The ability to float has been a key element in keeping this society running, mirroring our own ever-growing dependence on technology. Should those chemicals which allow floating cease to emit from the planetís core, the fragile society of Lorelli would, quite literally, collapse.

-Jack Handey

01 January 2005
Talking

HEY DUDE.........

very great this piece.
I like it.
good LOOK...........
good luck............

01 January 2005
Thumbs up

Congradulations Aaron on finishing, I am sorry I missed out on the progress of your entry, there have just been so many. At least I did get to find it in the end, thanks to you. That is very beautiful work you have. The pastry cart rulz!!! HAHA! One day I will explain why I find this so funny. Just remember, Big Bob's.... Anyway, you have a great use of lighting, your scene is quite large and expansive. You have great concept work and modeling. I would say, you have a wonderful ability and should keep using them for the benifit of the many darn those needs... (sorry I couldn't resist...) Keep at it my friend.

01 January 2005
Your glow is great
Wooow

www.15frame.com

01 January 2005
This turned out very nice aaron...........i like the outcome and the mood.Well done.it's pretty obvious that finishing is not the easiet task but you did it and did it well........I wish you the best and good luck in all your next creations.....

01 January 2005
Cool

keetmun- Thanks for your encouragement and good suggestions. It was very nice to watch your progress as well.

sumawut sookvamdee- thanks! Feels good to have it done.

||) |V| |^|- No problem, I myself only made it to a few different threads to watch their progress. There were a ton of entrees. I'm kinda glad that they didn't all make it to the end, otherwise I wouldn't have a hint of a chance! You'll have to tell me some time how Mom's Pastries and Big Bob's correlate. Heh, needs, what to do with them?

Alladin- Thanks, spent quite a while getting the glows to look just right.

Virtuoso- Thank you very much. It's an honor to even have you post on my thread! I wish you all the same luck, not that you need it however, your work is top quality!

-Jack Handey

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread