Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Wong Keet Mun

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
hi keetmun.. your progressing well..

i have one suggestion about composition.. try to show more depth of the channel.. don't make hin hide so fast.. longer vew of the channel gives a bit more perspective and depth to the scene in my opinion..

keep great work up and cheers..

11 November 2004
Your idea is very coo!
Look's like Veneza in the future...
The monument is great too! keep going

[My Spectacular3D]

[ Honda CR125r]

-Sorry,my english sucks...

11 November 2004
ARSA - Do you mean the human in the boat or the robot driving the boat? The human will definitely have a curvier hat, while for the robot, I'm trying to create something a little mechanical. thus the straight hat. But I'll try to make it easier on the eye, thanks lots!

3db2 - Man, I have no idea how I'm going to reach your level of detail. i love GITS! It's one of the reasons why I'm doing a scene like this heh heh...Not very original though... But thanks for the good faith.

Greentek - I'll make some tests with the channel, it does look a little flat right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

LAURO_MX - Thanks, but sadly I don't think I'll be using the monument in the final illustration! I'll see how things turn out later on!

11 November 2004
Here's an almost finished boat. I still have a few details to sort out, especially since it looks like a bowl from behind...

i'm trying to be very very careful with my poly count, I still have so so so much to model...

Cheers people

11 November 2004
Interesting concept... I think the robot should had a curvey hat as well.. it looks too flat imo,

Great job

-cheers!

11 November 2004
Kinda strange and all,but I like it.A interesting appeal and look.Nice going man.

11 November 2004
ARSA - Yup I'll fix the curve issue, thanks!

Jeremypiven - Thanks man...Though I thought this was a tired concept used over and over again! But glad someone thinks it's weird!

Cheers guys

11 November 2004
Hey really interesting idea you have here. Really like the boats.

Btw. Is that a Mc Donald’s sign on the spaceship in you coloured concept sketch?

Russel

11 November 2004
Russell_Nash - Thanks for the compliments! Yup that is indeed a McDonald's sign. But I'm not sure if I'm going to be using the sign, not very sure about the copyright stuff and all. Anybody know these things in detail?

Cheers man

11 November 2004
I'm working really slow now... But this is what I've got so far. I'm really going to blow my processor this time. With GI, rendering takes a good 3 minutes, and I'm not even close to finishing modelling...Not to mention textures... A bit lost right now with regards to my poly count

please ignore the weird lighting, I'm just trying to illuminate the right corridor to show details for now.

Cheers all

11 November 2004
wow.. now your channel looks great.. good depth and perspective..
great improvement mate! really looks more impressive in my opinion..

cheers..

P.S. i think lighting is also very good.. especially in the depth of the scene..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 03:06 AM.

11 November 2004
Thanks man, but I'm really stumped on the poly count issue, got any suggestions for that?

11 November 2004
i don't think your poly count is very high.. i think long render time is because of GI.. honestly i don't use GI or any other advanced lighting.. i preffer simple lighting schemes.. well, not simple but with standart lights.. they allow me to "paint" with light and shadow.. so i can't suggest anything useful in this case..

for example for my planets i posted right now i used four lights.. two (diffuse and specular) for planet and two for clouds..

11 November 2004
I see...Your planets are impressive...I think I should try that as well, painting with lights...Thanks matey! Stay Green...

11 November 2004
Originally Posted by keetmun: Stay Green...

LOL........

Thread Closed share thread