Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Artur Malczyk

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #31
Modeling: "dragonfly" - defender's fighter

I wanted to get different style for the defenders. I like this concept but would rather change something in the defender's style than in invader's one. Please write what you think about it? :)

Old 10 October 2004   #32
Your invaders fighter looks like it is the size of a mid sized cruiser.Very nice design and model.

Your defender has a very much bomber feel to it , almost like it would fitt right into Naboo - a nubian bomber.

Very interesting shape.

Old 10 October 2004   #33
Unfortunately I must leave you for four days. I'll be back here on monday. Hope to write the story during this time, and think of some ground units. I think that no more flying units are required, maby if time allows I will think of more.

Good luck to you all and don't finish without me

Old 10 October 2004   #34
quick comment. I like the "Bomber" style for the defenders...however, it seems that if they are defending...they woulnd want to be bombing anything. Maybe, you should redesign them to be faster more like fighter jets...does that make sense?

peace

Ara's Flight - Short Film About the Armenian Genocide
www.arasflight.com

Old 10 October 2004   #35
The detailing on those ships is a new style I have not seen before. It is good that it is original - it also is quite a strong camoflage of the actual shape of the models - perhaps a good thing for military ships!

And good work on the contrasting ship design for the defenders. The only thig I don't like about that model is the bent rectangular shape of the model. I think it should either have a definate corner or be a smooth curve all the way across - at the moment the main wing looks mishapen and lumpen compared the the sylish design of the rest of the ship.

Old 10 October 2004   #36
i really like the progress of your work, those ships looks great with a lot of details .
Keep the good work

Old 11 November 2004   #37
Hi, I'm back! Thanks for your comments. Wen I was absent I decided to definitely leave invader's style as it is, and to change the inveader's one. It's good that you also feel that something with this fighter is not good. And great that you've pointed out, what more or less is wrong with it I'll try to put some new ideas in a few hours. Now I will put the story which was written during my absence.

Old 11 November 2004   #38
"The End of Vartans" - The Story

Here is the story for my picture, hope you like it...

In the 21st century humans began a space exploration on a big scale. For centuries people explored many galaxies, discovered planets with simple life forms. But they never came across some traces of intelligence or consciousness. Humans on earth were bored and discouraged. They didn’t want to pay for this any more. They have divided into two groups: supporters and opponents of further exploration. The first group was a big minority, and they were forced to leave earth. They settled on the farthest discovered planet with good life conditions – Varta. They called themselves Vartans, and the same name was given to them on earth. Vartans explored the space, and continued discoveries. At the beginning contacts with them were very dry and limited. After discovering in year 2993 Nova103, a planet where life was just starting to deveolop, Vartans stopped further exploration. Contacts with earth started to be very good and regular, they based on trade of recourses and tourism. On the September 24th 3096 people on earth received a last message…
Nova103…no intelligence……the evolution is unnaturally fast……fast……absorbed our technology……no negotiations……our technology…absorbed………used………is alive…attack………destroyed……we don’t know how that could happened………no intelligent life existed there……………Nova103 is lost……defending Varta……how……no time to run……why…don’t help us………to big risk……they won’t find earth……………will destroy the data…………will fight……will survive……

Last edited by arturro : 11 November 2004 at 02:14 PM.

Old 11 November 2004   #39
i like your modelling style ..cheers on those ships

Old 11 November 2004   #40
Arrow

Great modeling I like a lot the last ship design, looks good. Keep this quality

Powodzenia.

Old 11 November 2004   #41
hmm .. just had a look at your first ship design and I have to say that there are far too many big greebles on it for my taste. This is no critique, it's just my opinion, perhaps make the greebles smaller and distribute them not all over the surface?

Keep going!
Philipp

Old 11 November 2004   #42
Modeling: new defender's fighter

Hi! I have redesigned the old fighter i went with the changes in this direction. I think it's better now. What are your opinions?

Old 11 November 2004   #43
Thanks for the posts. Good to know that someone is watching my thread

maxim capra: Before I made the final look, I tried many dofferent options with those "thingies". This one fits to my design very good. I think that you could better understand what I mean when you will see it textured. But nice to hear other opinions

Old 11 November 2004   #44
Hey Artur.. great stuff !!!

i personally do not agree with some statements that your concept is overloaded.. i think it's excellent.. a lot of action.. very impressive indeed.. you just have to sort it and find proper places for all objects..

also your "wartish" style ships are very original and unique..
i think you are going very well..

i'll keep an eye on your thread and wait for lighting texturing to put my $0.02..

untill later and cheers!

Old 11 November 2004   #45
The new one looks much better - keep it up

Thread Closed share thread