Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Artur Malczyk

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Arturro,

I love the style of your ships! They look kind of 70´s , like some work from Chris Foss - and it´s great!

What are you planning for their textures?

10 October 2004
Wow, nice idea! Ships look just fine Keep it up!

My GSO

10 October 2004
Thanks for your comments!

Hey Pentagramma, when I was looking for some inspiration for my models, I've watched some works of Chriss Foss, and liked them. Nice to hear that you have you it and recognize some elements from Chriss Foss

Mmoir: I know that my concept is quite chaotic and busy, but it partly caused by my small drawing abilities I want to make a big picture, with many things happening, but I don't want chaos and confusion in single points of my work, I want to spread all of this around my picture. Besides it is always easier to remove something from the scene, than add something

As far as textures are concerned, I have no idea yet, any suggestions maby?

10 October 2004
Modeling: invader's fighter

Hi, this is last ship of the invaders. I will probably model fleet of defenders first, and after this will start to modify a little bit of all of them in order to get two completely different styles.

10 October 2004
I really like your vehicles, very well done. But like some people mentioned, your concept sketch is very complex. If you do do some of those things in the concept you might want to mute them down, maybe wrap them in fog or fire, just so it dosn't mess with the real center of the picture.

Any idea on how the enemy soldiers will look? Going to make them have armor like the ships with all the little "gadgets"?

10 October 2004
Wow!

Great stuff!

I really like your style, with all those "thingies" to add detail

Keep it up

Best regards

10 October 2004
digitally orgasmic, dude, i wish you well with the challenge

10 October 2004
Wow!

Very interesting ship design. This is a complex scene and seeing this initial modeling makes me think you are quite capable of pulling it off. Awesome!

-Bret

The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery.
-Francis Bacon

10 October 2004
Well I think that if you stick to it the "overbumpiness" might actually work in your favor as a styliscic device. You can never have to many guns on a ship. Or a tank for that matter.

Looking at your compostition I note a bit of disharmony from many of the individual elements.... I think you should consider creating a more fluid comp.

10 October 2004
Hi,

nice idea and modeling...the ships look like they are infested with some kind of plague though...but it could work if textures correctly. Good luck and wow, that's going to be a lot of work.

Ara's Flight - Short Film About the Armenian Genocide
www.arasflight.com

10 October 2004
Hi WazaR and HieSpike!

I thought about all those "thingies" as one of the features of the invader's style. Some of them will be glowing, flashing, some would be a small mecha-organic forms which attack nearest enemy ships, some would be fired as probes

WazaR: As far as disharmony in my conposition is concerned, judging by my sketch I must agree. But the problem is that I'm a poor drawer, and had some problems with showing how do I see my composition. I think that after modeling a ships(defender's fighter, and their land carrier) I will model the terrain, and then I would use some boxes to show more precisely what do I mean. Just like you did in your work.

10 October 2004
Lovely pieces- keep it up and count me as one of Your fans.

10 October 2004
this is.... these are spaceships... how the heck do yo make those?

10 October 2004
thanks for your support _RK_ and Sad

Modeling of these space ships was a great fun. I started with a simple sphere, and then conerted it to my favourite editable poly and... just let my imagination to move polys and vertices
And all those "thingies" are made in a clever way, some of theme(a few only) are modelled on the ship, the rest of them are simple geometry objects, which are distributed over the surface using particles - Particle Flow in 3d max 6

10 October 2004
The ships are cool. I specially dig the similarity in design, like (logically) a fleet would have. Plus, the organic feel of all the bumps and blips is ok.

Good luck!

Stefano

May Your Renders Be Short.

Gallery on DeviantArt

Free hi-res phototextures

Thread Closed share thread