Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Artur Malczyk

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Artur Malczyk

Artur Malczyk has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: "Chaos Of Total Annihilation"

Ok, I used the extra time for playing around the colors. I tried to improve the fig, haze and foreground dust, but unfortunately didn't find as much time to make it better that it is. So I just made a little color correction.
No more works on this image:)

Old 10 October 2004   #2
Hi everybody! As you can see, I'm new here. I don't have big ambitions and abilities to win something here but hope to learn much and have a great fun

In a few hours I should show you my concept

Old 10 October 2004   #3
welcome

hey arturro welcome to the challange... i hope u acomplish u goal with this challange... and i can tell ya u'll learn a whole lot from this thing.. i wish ya all the best and hope to see some gr8 works of arts...

Old 10 October 2004   #4
Concept Sketch: "The End"

This is my first concept. General idea of my work. The design of the invaders and their spaceships will be changed. The design of the defenders will stay "human like", so that the viewers can easily identify themselves with them. I will write a few words about the story soon:)

Old 10 October 2004   #5
Hey,
I am doing a similar concept but with less going on.
I like your sketch but maybe you should try to simplify it a little or you will be caught in a load of work if you have to make more than one city etc or maybe u have a good plan on how to do this?

I will check in on your bg story later.
You can come by my thread when its done if you like.

Keep working.

Old 10 October 2004   #6
I agree with superlayer, I think you might want to have something of the horror in the foreground but just give a sense of things happening in the background. If you use alphas on single polys for the far background, you should be able to keep the complexity down and move those about to where they look best.

Old 10 October 2004   #7
Nice composition. I like how the mountains in the background close everything in. Very claustrophobic, in a good way.

Old 10 October 2004   #8
Thanks for your replies. For sure there is too much going on, and it would be impossible for me to do it in such period of time. I want to focus viewer's attention on the very foreground, I want to do a few detailed elemnts only. Background action is quite simple to be done I think. Quick low poly objects copied many times, with maby a few versions of textures. Cities in background would be little modified boxes, this same with space ships. I think that in such a "chaos" such objects would do their job Maby I will simplify it a little bit, but only because it might be too big chaos there, and viewer could get confused.

Old 10 October 2004   #9
Arturo,

In my mind, this challenge is all about size and complexity. They use words like "epic" and "iconic." I think you are right on the "pivotal moment" as specified in the challenge. Don't be affraid of detail. You are right, a great deal can be done with low poly, quick models. Poly count is really irrelevent in my mind as one can always render background plates and composite them later. My theme will require it.

Keep the concept (and the detail) coming!

Old 10 October 2004   #10
Modeling: Invader's landing troops ship 1

My first approach to the air fleet of the invaders. It will be probably modified, so please write what you think about it.

Old 10 October 2004   #11
Modeling: invader's landing troops ship 2

My first approach to the air fleet of the invaders. It will be probably modified, so please write what you think about it.

Old 10 October 2004   #12
Modeling: Invader\'s landing troops ship 3

Old 10 October 2004   #13
Modeling: invader's destroyer

Second approach to the air fleet of the invaders. The same style as the previus one. It will be probably modified, so please write what you think about it.

Old 10 October 2004   #14
Modeling: invader's destroyer

Second approach to the air fleet of the invaders. The same style as the previus one. It will be probably modified, so please write what you think about it.

Old 10 October 2004   #15
Arturro,
I am new to this as well, I do like your idea but I also think your concept is a little too busy.
Your invader ship is nice , looking very good so far.
Mike

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=180886
My space opera thread

Thread Closed share thread