Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Maciej Frolow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #61
organic ships to match the architecture is a good idea,other than that the balance would be off.......I like the idea of Mid range models,too many times the mid range is left void or empty of models etc,etc...Foreground while vital needs a good middle area to lead the eye to the back-ground.......Ok on track,nice updates Maciej,keep at it strong......

Old 11 November 2004   #62
Arrow

Thanks Virtuoso, I`m starting from the point that I have to design all... from ships to a teethbrush ... everything which will be in the scene have to be "made by this civilisation" with all what it`s means... so I have to think about the technology which is used and how it affect the look of everything. For example for the fighter it`s build from few big pieces not beacause I modeled it like that but beacause I think it`s created with a carbon-fibreglass technology and not with steel plates. For the city which I`m currently modeling I made only few roads on it beacause I think all the transport will be undergrounded....

Anyway I`m still working on all that

Old 11 November 2004   #63
Concept Sketch: work on final composition

This is a sketch composed with sevral photos and my rendered megastructure. I think I will choose this approach for the final scene. Of course the buildings on the right will be partailly destroyed and we`ll see a lot of battles on the ground, in the air and in the space.

Let me know all your comments especially if the perspective "in front" is not boring... I first thought about placing the camera on the right then we`ll see first the "most recent" history and farer the other two ages but I`m not sure it`s a good idea.

Old 11 November 2004   #64
Wow! kind of odd, your concept matches what I was thinking of doing almost exacly :P, I just went from piece to war in 2 steps though.... Very odd

Old 11 November 2004   #65
Hi Maciej, you're a really good composer. Very nice perspective,man ...I love your actual concept!

This is going to be absolut great, dude!!!

Old 11 November 2004   #66
Thumbs up

great composition, I think that the perspective this good, (in my opinion) good luck!!

>> MY GRAND SPACE OPERA

Old 11 November 2004   #67
Witam Maciej, jak tam w polsce?
Man your modelling and texturing abilities are really great! Are you working in Lightwave? If you are, then I think I will have a couple of questions for you (need some help) I liked a lot your concept, but I do not agree with the camera angle, for me it is kind of boring. You should use a different lens for the camera, and perhaps zoom it to your buildings so everyone sees the great detail you have put on it.
Keep it up!
Nicolas

Old 11 November 2004   #68
great comp. looks cooler without the gradient. keep on!

Old 11 November 2004   #69
Arrow

Dark_Drako, Smooth-Criminal: Thanks a lot.

Saschi0815: May the juges hear you ... I hope the size of the buildings will be enough impressive

Nikus: Witam, w polsce bez zmian, pogoda okropna, ludzie narzekaja...
Thank you for your kind words about my modeling skills. Yes I`m working on LW from ever
Feel free to send me an e-mail with your questions but I give no guaranties that I can answer all of them
For the camera angle that will be difficult to zoom to the buildings beacause I want to show many things here. Also in the print resolution the details on the buildings will be well visible. ( I think they are actually not enough detailed for the print res so I`ll add more detail soon).

Thanks again all for the warm support

Old 11 November 2004   #70
Arrow

Thanks uwil, I still thinking about this compostition and improve it to not have a borig look of buildings "just standing"... I hope to bring life inside with many flying vehicles and interesting buildings all over this...

Old 11 November 2004   #71
Hi Maciej....................Nice update,I see your progress is in a good direction.........You know I like the idea of showing the three ages,it's a unique idea,and I think it should be shown,it is a strong point for your design,and it seems to me at least to be needed,your work/concept is based around this for the most part,my take on this is you should go for the various ages idea.........Ok then,you go to it hard,and I'll be waiting for more,take care for now Maciej.....

Old 11 November 2004   #72
Arrow

Thanks a lot for your comment Virtuoso, I will definitly keep the concept of three ages.. this will maybe fix the composition on this "boring onfront view" but with all the details going all over that shoud be ok... I`m thinking about making three different architecture style variations (how big I don`t know now), let me know your thoughts about that if it will not be too much in a same image... beacause I have already light variation (from white to red), ships moving from left to right, a big battle on the right, a nice sea landscape on left, a big city in the middle.... thats already a lot of work for the next two monthes

Old 11 November 2004   #73
Yes it's all about managing your time,as important as anything........I would love another month,I have an idea for something more,but due to time limits and deadline have to leave this out.......It's best to focus on the prime idea,give it all it deserves,plan out your time schedule,know your limits.......I think you have a nice plan,an original idea,and just go for the "ROOT" of your idea,perhaps with more time in the end you can add that little something extra............Ok I know this project is in good able hands,you'll get this to its potential Maciej.........Ok,I'll see you soon..............

Old 11 November 2004   #74
Few ideas for composition: if you want to keep it the way it's now, you could make the image in wider, more panoramic format, even with slight pano distortion (like you are in the center, and you are looking around, not only at front). Other way could be to have the eras change as you go farther away from the camera... Or maybe tilted camera? Something more dynamic, drawing you in Powodzenia

Old 11 November 2004   #75
Arrow

Virtuoso: Thanks... yes in my work I have always to manage my time so thats will not be a problem... the problem is to balance the scene to not make it too dense and fuzzy... I`ll see where this project will take me.... if it was an assigment to made in 3 weeks I will certailny resign from different architecture styes and probably lower the amount of details but this is a challenge where the main priority is to have FUN with what we done isn`t it?

azazel: I will play with the camera and certainly send some previews for considering... but the main idea have to stay: the image must have three parts with the building in the middle beacause I`m considering this as three bookk covers placed together.... so no panoramic views and no camera "deformation" allowed

Thread Closed share thread