Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Jeremy J Hampton

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Wow great sketch

i don't know how i missed this, this is wonderful art Jeremy, modeling is nice too, the scene looks heavy i don't think my machine will handle such one.

good lucky

10 October 2004
Wow, you are really setting yourself up for alot of work!!

Are you plaing on modeling and rigging then positioning the models, or will you generate them in a static pose?? I would recommend the later just for the shear volume of work you have in your pipeline!!

I truely like the whole organic epic composition. This reminds me of some of the work from HEAVY METAL. Awesome.

I almost feel like its missing a buxum babe with a big gun. Well maybe not, but maybe the composition could use some sci-fi in it like a ship or two.

Great work

buena suerte amigo.

10 October 2004
hey don't worry I've got the buxom babe...look in the lower right of the concept...not holding a gun though...but sine her husbsnddead at the had of the SavageZ...i guess she's avaliable ...yes for this I will model and then pose in modeler...will rig these characters later on for some more fun...after the contest..will have an update of the Beast here soon promise

Cheesrs..drink uP

10 October 2004
Wow, this entry has got to be the one with the most organic models involved. Good luck with all that modeling. And I love the sketches. ANd oh ya, LIGHTWAVE RULES!!!

peace, your fellow LW'er

Ara's Flight - Short Film About the Armenian Genocide
www.arasflight.com

10 October 2004
Hello Jeremy nice to see you again in the contest . The concept looks wonderful and the creature , wow i dont have words. its impressive really , can wait to see your updates man.

Keep the hard work

10 October 2004
I haven't had as much time as I'd like to work on this challenge latley...but here are some arms I banged out today for the Gilrog....I went very muscular but still need to scale out some of the area's a bit.

10 October 2004
Here's were I got in the past couple hours...a bit more of the body finished..still much to do...much..much...much

10 October 2004
Better looking when connected to the body, but I've just figured out what's been bothering me about the legs. The tris seem under-exxagerated as compared to the biceps, and from what I know of basic anatomy, it seems like there should be a tendon on the inner side of the elbow joint (it's actualy facing the camera in the wireframe view) And something's up with the wrist area too, I think it's the location of the end of what would be an ulna (is that right) on a human. maybe you should bring the foot back to where the muscle meets the forearms bones.

But that's me. You've still got mad skills in the 3-D department.

10 October 2004
I agree with the bishoppess, anatomy looks a little off. But it could still work out fine, who knows. Mad skills indeed...

10 October 2004
Yea guys...I agree things did look a litle "defined" in the arms...although I am going for a more "Comic " style proportions with this beast...some corrections have been made though..an d I had a bit of time to work my way further down the body today....here....thanks

10 October 2004
The smoothing threshold is a little off on the shaded veiws...that will be corrected but I think that an ..umm...edge ..of un-eveness..if that's a word...kinda adds to the chaos of the character...stylized in a way...but It's all come together right...

10 October 2004
This is one hell of an entry.

I loved the sketch immensely. The beast is fantstic.

Stefano

May Your Renders Be Short.

Gallery on DeviantArt

Free hi-res phototextures

10 October 2004
thnk you stefano....hoping to have the beast modeled by monday..only getting about an hour or so a night to work on this...but there is losts of time left.

10 October 2004
your draws are impresive, also your modeling! I hope to see that beast finished soon, it will be an impressive model.

your desing reminds me the some fast-action magic cards. wich is nice! :P
http://mi.wizards.com/global/images...pandemonium.jpg
http://mi.wizards.com/global/images...eral/fervor.jpg

10 October 2004
wow, nice progress! Its really coming along

Thread Closed share thread