Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Richard LaBrie

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
Cool Water rendering update..

Countdown till I can continue t-minus 1 image and counting...

Brochure-Water-Layout-03.jpg

Ok the rendering of a phoenix is all that is left then I promise I will post up some 3D on this. Sorry for the delay but duty called... Oh yeah I have some more sketches, face, ships I need to post.

Last edited by Aethyrprime : 11 November 2004 at 10:17 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #62
Concept Sketch: Process of Airbrushing Face Sketches

Step 1 Scan, 300 dpi, RGB, Convert to layer and then remove the background.

Last edited by Aethyrprime : 10 October 2004 at 09:08 AM.

Old 10 October 2004   #63
Concept Sketch: Process of Airbrushing Faces

Next balance out the levels of black and white.

Last edited by Aethyrprime : 10 October 2004 at 09:08 AM.

Old 10 October 2004   #64

Next I need to convert my rough pencils over to clean smooth black lines. This makes nice starting points to get vectorized lines for scalable finished art also giving it a nice feeling of being inked. I developed this method because I suck with ink and generally lack the time to do it.

Old 10 October 2004   #65
Dude u got a lot of stuff to model.And still waiting for some modeling updates.

Old 10 October 2004   #66
You are really building a sound foundation concept wise Richard.............In the end this will pay off,the modeling will show up better for it.Keep on,it's coming along well.And modeling is right around the corner.......

Old 11 November 2004   #67
hey Richard..

nice Photoshop stuff but i think it's time to switch to the modeling process.. do not lost in sketching..

cheers and best of luck!

Old 11 November 2004   #68
Angry

just a warning about a slimy company who just stole almost $200 from my bank account. The name of the company is Invotion. They are a host, I was with the company that invotion bought out and after having my server crash, and them loose my website, me cancel my account and sign up with a different host, I have to manually overide them by calling networksolutions to have their info from my domain name account, close my bank account and re-open a new account because of them stealing money from me after I already cancelled my service. I know this has nothing to do with the contest, but I just wanted to warn everyone I can about these @$$ holes so as to prevent anyone else from re-living my nightmare!

Old 11 November 2004   #69
The concept work you have done here is clearly a big part of your decision making process, and it has a lot of the detail that you will need to play off of when you begin modeling and since you got into so much detail in these stages, i think the concept will serve you well in texturing as well. i admire folks like you who can think through the whole process in concept, i cant draw well enough to do that so you get my kudos for all of the work you have put in on this. PLUS your work looks really good too.

Last edited by stork : 11 November 2004 at 07:20 AM.

Old 11 November 2004   #70
Amazing concept work.. you have a great solid idea of what you want to make..

Old 11 November 2004   #71
Smile

Stork, thank you for the recognition & kind words toward my methods. I believe that you should measure twice, cut once. I prmise tol strive as hard as I might to create as solid of a final piece as the ideas which created it.

Thanks vrhead the vote of confidence is always reassuring.

Many thanks on the critical input submitted by all of those who have posted in this thread as a show of support and whose ideas have swayed the outcome of this artworks' direction. I have taken into consideration each suggestion to the best of my abilities and tried to embody the subject of this challenge. Through artistic cooporation and collaboration the 2D & 3D multimedia has a solid future shown in the pages of this forum and by each of its members daily. I have begun the modeling process, but I am trying to lay each out with narration as the last of my entries has come. One of the points of this challenge is for all to learn, not just for us to show off! I have yet to complete posting up my lastest airbrushing work on the character face and the beggining of the texture planning phazes. I know many are barreling through the 3D work as of now, and I assure you that once I begin, it will be like a flood gate being opened.

Cheers.

Old 11 November 2004   #72
Concept Sketch: Concept Sketch: Process of Airbrushing Faces

Selection by color range followed by airbrushing with black brush.

Old 11 November 2004   #73

Product after airbrushing, before vectorizing.

Old 11 November 2004   #74
hi Richard..

i'm sorry about this story with that theaf company.. but don't worry too much m8.. thats the life.. sometimes we find, sometimes, unfortunately, we loose.. we can do nothing to change it..

keep nice stuff up! and don't get me wrong about switching to the modeling stage..

cheers..

Old 11 November 2004   #75

Process of vectorizing.

Thread Closed share thread