Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Radu Octavian Pop

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Modeling: Alien fighter - general shape

The shape for the alien fighter`s cockpit. Opinions are welcome? Thanks.

10 October 2004
Opinions are welcome!!!
Sorry for mistake.

10 October 2004
There have been other scimitar shaped ships about in the sci fi/ 3d model world. But this one has such subtle nuances in the flow of the wings and it's design that it has a unique grace. I'm really likin' it.

10 October 2004
Thanks Monsoon. I had great headaches to decide the final shape for the wings.
I made more then 20 variants. Anyway, it`s not ready yet.

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: Energy Generator Ship

Energy Generator Alien Ship - the shape is just a sketch. Only the wings will maintain their shape.
The general shape of this ship will be similar with the position of the eagle capturing a rabbit.
All the alien ships will have aggressive shapes (at least I hope I will be able to suggest this attitude)
This Energy Generator Alien Ship will provide (in group of 3 to 6 ships) with enery a huge
planetary plasma cannon. This ship is a 100 times bigger then the fighter.

10 October 2004
Hello Pro sorry about the delay in enter in your entrie man , i really like the concepts that you are done , the first updates in modeling are quite nice , i like the shape of the fighters and how you are using the lights in those .

keep the good work and i ll keep and eye in your project

Cheers

10 October 2004
hello PROctavian,

i like your concept, aliens emerging from wormhole to ravage local planet. it is quite epic in nature and am sure that you have a good idea of how you want to portray this. my initial feeling though is the stage you have reached in your thread is too 'quick'. never mind how well you draw or not this is irrelevant. a sketch is a meant to be a 'sketch' - a working progress stage to help visualise what would be the best way to proceed in a given situation. I was a little put off by some peoples amazing concept sketches but still not put out enough to experiment myself. so what if they can draw better - we all have the same opportunity to work things through to the best of our abilities. perhaps this is just personal to me because I havnt started to feel as though I have a composition 'worthy' of starting to biuld in 3d yet and am still experimenting, and everyone is different and there is is a lot of people who visualise and work out stuff in 3d only. but it this stage for me in your challenge idea it seems to rapid. just a minor point and not a big issue as you have mentioned you have done 20 revisions to work out the wing shape of your fighter. perhaps you have battled hard with your ideas for composition and your idea itself. personally at this stage I am more interested in looking at peoples working process than final polished 3d results (which imo is still a long way off still so there is no need to hurry) and would like to see a little more of work in progress and thought processes. in my mind an epic picture should not be effortless to create . all the best nonetheless!

10 October 2004
a nice sleek look to the ships,,, its rather appealing, great work on them

10 October 2004
adr - Hey Adrian, glad you`re passing by. Hey, no delay at all. With so much work to do, with so many friens, with only 24 hours a day , man ... time is very very short. I`m glad you liked my models. Still a lot to finish them. Thanks!!!

Tekano - Thanks for opinion Rob. Still it`s not the final concept sketch. That was just a rough sketch and a vague idea. More to follow. I`m not a skilled drawer and that`s not a problem foe me (It would haved been nice to would have better drawing skills). Considering the models, those are not final polished 3d results. I don`t know yet how the final shape (and details) will look like. All the 20 revisions of the alien fighter were using the same bird wing shape, so more or less, are "almost" the same thing. It will be boring to update the same model with only a few defferences between the models. Yeah, in my mind too,an epic picture it`s not effortless to create, and I have a very long way ahead. Even I uploaded the concept sketch, I don`t know yet where it leads.
Thanks for comment. I enjoyed it. Good luck you too!!!

Ddavis - Thanks Dustin!! Coming these words from a great modeler artist like you it`s complimentary. I didn`t make any details yet. I`ll try not to overload the mesh and still to have a lot of details (tought job).

I want to THANK YOU EVERYBODY for your opinions.
It`s great to have you looking to my work and receive your opinion.
Thank you!

10 October 2004
I can merely echo what has been said about the sleekness factor - quite beautifully designed objects indeed. And the extreme drama in you introductory 'trailer' definitely gets full score from me

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: Alien Mothership

Alien mothership-rough shape

10 October 2004
Concept Sketch: Alien Universe-the other side of the Hole

Alien Universe-the other side of the Hole.
Comments are welcome!

10 October 2004
Thanks James, I`m glad you liked it.
Cheers!

10 October 2004
Nice work you've done already . Good concept . Looking forward to see how you extend it .
I don't think you're moving too quick since quality requires a lot of work

My thread : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=179394

10 October 2004
Thanks Tavi.
I must say that I`m not so happy with my first concept.
The main idea will be the same but I don`t like the composition in the first one.
Right now I`mm uploading another one.

Thread Closed share thread