Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Paul Gulianelli

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #61
Thumbs up

I love your ship designs. Very detailed and original. I like the feeling I get even from the untextured items. More, more, more!

Old 11 November 2004   #62
Hey Pal!

• I like your work, it is obvious you love it Keep it up!

Old 11 November 2004   #63
wow.. so many replies..

sketchfiend.. ||) |V| |^|.. Climax..
thank you guys a lot for comments and support! i'm extremety grateful..

well.. currently i'm completely switched to sketching.. absolutely do not have any ideas but i'm trying to invent something..

here are few crappy sketches i made in Photoshop.. i don't have Wacom or any similar (except mouse ) so my ugly strokes are forgivable (i hope so )

i'm pretty sure i won't use this concept cos it's senseless and doesn't look properly but anyway it's a part of the process so i decided to post them.. also i didn't find good place for the ship on the foreground.. you can clearly see it on the image.. composition looks better without ship on the foreground..

well.. thanks again and cheers..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 05:20 AM.

Old 11 November 2004   #64
Concept Sketch: Main Scene Composition

no ships..

Old 11 November 2004   #65

small ships..

Old 11 November 2004   #66

ship on the foregroung..

Old 11 November 2004   #67

duotone..

Old 11 November 2004   #68
Thumbs up

cool stuff!

is that some kind of force field on the right that's around the spaceship?
it would be cool seeing some more spaceships coming far from the other side~

Old 11 November 2004   #69
@ young_927: thanks a lot for comment..

1. that some kind of force field on the right that's around the spaceship supposed to be some planet but because of lack of 2D skills it looks like force field

2. i'll be extremely happy as well seeing some more spaceships in my scene..
i hope there will be some more space ships..

thanks again for comment and encouragement.. very appreciatted..
and cheers..

Old 11 November 2004   #70
Hi greentek,

I like the colors of your duotone image. the widescreen arrangement is also very nice. The angular horizont line is a good detail to indicate speed and action. The viewer has the impression to fly within a ship behind those in the foreground.

Some suggestions:
I would avoid to show a neighbour planet within the background. It´s an easy way to fill out the background but it is an often used way. The image can be much more unique and different if you find something else. (Some more buildings to indicate a big civilization)
Maybe it could look spectecular if you add a drifting ship that was downed by the combatant.

It´s pleasant watching you using 2D techniques in addition. In an early stage you can try testing atmosphere and composition without effort. You also can estimate when it is worth it starting the time wasting modeling phase.

Greetings
Fahrija

Old 11 November 2004   #71
I like the dynamic in the composition! It gives you the sense of speed. Agree with Fahrija on the neighbour planet but have no other ideas for filling out the space.

Keep it up mate

Old 11 November 2004   #72
Thumbs up

nice sketches man, it captures a certain mystique. The ships add alot, the coloration in duotone is nice also, you might try to have the details of the ship such as insignia and engines be in color and keep the background in duotone or colorwashed in one hue. It would draw your eye in. Try to find away to maximize the feeling of inclusion for the viewer. The composition of the background leads you to believe you are flying with them. Perhaps somehow you can find away to draw the viewer in by perhaps putting a very faint reflection of the pilots eyes or helmet on a viewscreen. Without showing any of the cockpit. Don't make the features of the face pronounced enough to loose the reflection of the viewers face element. If you keep the eyes for instance androgeones then anyone should be able to feel as though they were piloting a ship just behind the larger vessel.

Old 11 November 2004   #73
awesome concept skatches man... those colors really feels alive, and buddy i really like ur composition... keep it up and best of luck

Old 11 November 2004   #74
attack at the break of dawn!! probably against most battle strategies, but hey, early bird...
absolutely love the last sketch. vibrant and unique. for a change not all dark and 'spacey'.

i had to look at the composition again to look for some reasonable crit. that in a way explains itself. there are none. good job.

Old 11 November 2004   #75
the ship's design is very good !
and the concept art looks very promise , keep it up !
potential winner , no doubt !

news,tutorial and cheap models...

Thread Closed share thread