Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Paul Gulianelli

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #16
Concept Sketch: Assault Frigate

Here is progrees in modeling Assault Frigate.. I've added cannons, bridge and some minor stuff.. Conceptual design is my weakest point so it takes a bit much time.. But i think Assault Frigate looks more and more like cool guy so I'm satisfied so far.. I have to add PDS (Point Defence System), armor and some minor details.. I hope after that he will look even better.. As always any crits and any comments are welcome..
Cheers..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 05:41 AM. Reason: It's better to call it concept sketch.. more suits..

Old 10 October 2004   #17

another one..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 05:41 AM. Reason: this one too..

Old 10 October 2004   #18

sorry, I don't know how to upload few pics together..

Last edited by greentek : 11 November 2004 at 05:42 AM. Reason: and this..

Old 10 October 2004   #19
Thanks for the words of encouragement Greentek

Any feed back i can get is greatly appreciated.
Your initial pics are great!! Ican't wait to see more.
I'll definetly keep on this thread.

www.essencedesignworks.com

Old 10 October 2004   #20
I like to proportions of your space craft, its chunky yet looks like it would have a great deal of power and maneuverability. The star fields youve created look legitimate, they have a nice look to them, the images look kinda cel shaded to me, due to the outlined edges and flat tones on the ship it looks nice, but im guessing that theyre just test renders. Great work, keep it up.

Your first composition is great but its perhaps a little empty, i really dont know what you could add but i kinda get the feeling it needs some more eye candy. Atm its looks a bit plain, its still early and youve got plenty of room to move so i bet your final image will be fantastic. goodluck.

"There is no one way to greatness, Greatness is the way"

Old 10 October 2004   #21
I like your compostion Paul.................As well as your color tones.The story too is fitting for this theme.I'll wait and see further developements to comment further.until then have fun and keep up the nice effort...............

Old 10 October 2004   #22
||) |V| |^|: thanks a lot.. be sure - you'll get your own copy of final movie

newcenturydsn: thanks for comment.. and no probs to support fellow westeners i'll keep an eye on your thread..

sketchfiend: wow.. a ton of thanks for such survey comment.. yeah.. you are right its just a test renders of wip and im just trying to give them more aesthetic look..
and your right about composition.. its plane and empty.. hope to fill it lil by lil.. sure with help of all of you..

thanks and good luck to all of you!
cheers..

Old 10 October 2004   #23
Virtuoso: thanks for comment and support Michael.. its hard to overestimate importance of crits and comments from such artist as you are.. the stuff you create is magic..
my deepest respect and best of luck to you!
cheers..

Old 10 October 2004   #24
Greetings Greentek!

Your modelling so far is nice and cannot be faulted technically. Maybe i can help with your story? Your story so far sounds like it has lots of action, but perhaps you can develop the relationship between the two races? I think if you develop this aspect of the story you can have even better ship designs for both races. Hope to have helped!

Cheers

Old 10 October 2004   #25
dude nice thing u got there... i like ur concept on the composition... keep it up buddy...

Old 10 October 2004   #26
Like the composition and design of the concept sketches. Are you planning to make this a realistic entry or do something along the lines of a non-photo realistic style, like celshading (hard to tell from your current renders)

Old 10 October 2004   #27
ArtisticVisions: thanks for comment and question.. yeah.. im going to make it as photo realistic as possible.. cel shadings i use for wip postings cos im trying to compensate my lack of 2D skills.. also giving pics look like they are 2D drawings or sketches helps a lot to get proper idea about general design..

3doid:
thanks man.. i will..

keetmun: thank you.. yeah.. i intend to put a lot af action in the scene.. though on the current stage its hardly noticeable.. sorry, but i didnt get your idea about developing
relationship between the two races.. there is only one race.. another side of impact is unknown particle-like buddies trying to blow up everything around them they do not like.. this particles alreadytotally destroyed one planet without any attempt to establish any relationship..
about ship designs: i dont think that military crafts (space ships are not exception) must be very fancy as they are represented in many movies.. but any ideas are welcome if you have one..
and please, explane me more clearly about developing relashionships.. im open for any ideas..

my main idea is to represent pivotal moment in the hystory of civilization.. neighbor colliding galaxy brings in previously absolutely unknown and unexpected things.. and the first one is lethal danger..
in my work i'll try to express the drama of the painful beginning of a new age in the hystory of civilization..

thanks to all of you for your comments and support.. very appreciated..
cheers..

Old 10 October 2004   #28
Concept Sketch: Main Scene Composition

Hello everyone! Here is an update of main composion.. because of very large scale of the scene the central role in the expression of main idea will complitely depend on the color and lighting.. its very hard but at the same time very breathtaking task.. we'll see how successfully it comes out in the end.. as always crits, comments and advices not only welcome but needed.. the more sharp critique will be, the better..
Cheers..

Last edited by greentek : 10 October 2004 at 03:40 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #29
Your planet is beautiful!

I really like the whole look of the image. I like the angles of the ships and their positioning. I get a sense of awe looking at it.

What are the little white specks all around the asteroid thing? Are they like pieces of the rock floating around with the roid? If so, I think it would look better if there was a little more variation in the sizes of the particles and more of them with finer dust. If they are something else...ignore me...LOL.

Im going to keeping an eye on this one! Keep up the awesome work!

My Grand Space Opera Entry

The sky is not the limit...THE GROUND IS!!!

Old 10 October 2004   #30
Great sence of action here I like this one a lot.

Thread Closed share thread