Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Alexander Preuss

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
hey! good modeling!!I liked your idea from the ring and the model too, it´s not easy to make a huge space structure! see you!

space opera

my finished work

Luciano Berutti
Cg4Fun : )

Old 10 October 2004   #62
Man that rocks!

Awesome job so far.

The modeling looks tight and its a very cool concept. Those ships...well, they are SWEET! That lighting test shot looks stunning. I love the colors you have chosen for the planet and moon. I agree that the moon probably should be moved...a little. I really think it looks fine the way it is though.

I cant wait to see a shot using the actual model of the ring. I bet its going to look awesome. Im definitely going to be coming back to see some more progress.

My Grand Space Opera Entry

The sky is not the limit...THE GROUND IS!!!

Old 10 October 2004   #63
Looking sweeter and sweeter every time I drop back in for a look see

Old 10 October 2004   #64
Cool - that ring looks nicely detailed.

I now must say that I agree with Andrey_SE's good point about if true lighting was used it would make it unattractive as there are only really two tones - good point.

Old 10 October 2004   #65
Concept Sketch: Back to the sketchbook

In every War there are always al least two sides. It could be a bit boring if the ships look all the same :)

So here is a sketch from an Okayama Battle-Cruiser.
Also a small update on the Scene (thanks 4 some good ideas)

Stay tuned

www.abalakin.de

Last edited by vampeta : 10 October 2004 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Text coorection

Old 10 October 2004   #66
maybe a hint: don't fill up the pic with spaceships, i think the last concept is a bit confusing...

Old 10 October 2004   #67
Spaceships?!

Thanks for the hint, and you are right!

The ballance between ships and the main fokus (the Habitat-Ring) needs a lot of fine tuning.
I will return to this later, also trying some differnt views from the set. but the next thing is Texturing, and modelling the other Spaceships/Habitat Ring.

See U

Originally Posted by Grimreaper1981: maybe a hint: don't fill up the pic with spaceships, i think the last concept is a bit confusing...

www.abalakin.de

Old 10 October 2004   #68
Hi Alexander..
you are doing excellent stuff here..
i have a few crits about lighting and composition but i'll be back later..
now i just must to say your sketches are wonderful.. i love them man..
untill later and best of luck in challenge!
cheers..

Old 10 October 2004   #69
You are doing some very nice progress. Great composition, but I agree try not to fill up the foreground with too many ships, but I know you already know that :P

Old 10 October 2004   #70
Cool!! ..... the moon to the right looks great, I do agree that there maybe to many ships. Solution could be placing them in formation. The small fighters, Smaller. The enemy ships more in the distance coming around the moon ( so it looks like they havn't got there yet ) The ships closer getting ready to protect. Contrast in size and depth in the scene. Just some thoughts....

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 10 October 2004   #71
Love the POV here, it will really look great in the end. Will you have the distans sun flair the camera? Broken by the ships entering infront of it? Would look great I think.

I agree with element5 that its a bit too crouded, but perhaps its enough with just scaling a few ships down.

Anyway, excellent work!

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" - Albert Einstein

Old 10 October 2004   #72
Hello vampeta, your work its completly awesome, I like alot your modelling and your idea.... my only crit, or just a sugestion, is moving uper the blue planet so we can see more space, anyway, I'll follow your work with interest...

Old 10 October 2004   #73
hey there, very cool modelling n concept. i love the bridge idea, reminds me of halo
hurry up and be done with it!! i wanna see the end results!

Dive Into the Pool

Old 10 October 2004   #74
awesome ships dude..great modeling and design..but I see one problem there...the ring you've done it is to big where it gets behind the planet....the distance should be so big that you can't see it any more.....thounsends of killometers..........or you have to make him small there(very small)or you have to make him very large in the closer range.....or you scale the planet very very much with the ring....great work cheers

Old 11 November 2004   #75
Texturing: Habitat Ring (update)

Here is an small texturing update on my Habitat-Ring. (it´s still work in progress, and i´am still not lucky with it...:( i think it looks still to small?!

O.K.. i will try out some other stuff later

stay tuned

www.abalakin.de

Thread Closed share thread