Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Claire Duval

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Oooooooooooooooooo! I like it! But what's that kind of checker pattern on the moon now? It's kinda wierd. But I believe huzaahs are in order.

3 months = an Eon?

01 January 2005
Hi Matt. Well, the strange grid on the moon is actually my force field at the sides of the screen which keeps the "audience" stationery whilst watching the movie! Didn't want to be responsible for hundreds of craft crashing onto the planet.....! Glad you like it so far. All the feedback I've had from everyone is much appreciated. Claireabella

www.take27.co.uk

01 January 2005
Oooh. Okay. Good idea. Kind of thinking ahead and avoiding another one of those DVD Players in cars type of controversy. "What happened here?" "Crashed into the planet while watching a movie." Messy messy. Anyway, it's looking great. Can't wait to see the end result.

3 months = an Eon?

01 January 2005
Cool Maybe...

...the screen in front of the planet can be a little more transparent?
Astucious concept!

01 January 2005
The new backdrop is very nice. I'm glad you decided to add some variety to the audience. We'll see that soon, I suppose?

-V

01 January 2005
concept realisation has allready been made at the moment I see
great idea to add some variation to the crowd, and big imrovement on the point of view!
it not only makes the scene more dynamic, you also get that intense movie theater sensation, where you can't look away from the big screen

if I may make a suggestion, I think the idea of the force field could be made a bit more clear, the blurred version you have now makes sense when you explain it, but it isn't very clear if you aren't aware what it should be.

If you'd add some finer, glowing gridlines in the center of the blurred ones it would become much clearer.
know what I mean?

01 January 2005
Hi KennyM. Thanks for your support and comments. I have tried several version of my force field including one with a more defined grid but preferred this more subtle version. I will put up a post with the audience aircraft in it and maybe try the 2 versions to see what people think. I've looked at this thing for so long now it's sometimes hard to see the wood for the trees! Claireabella

www.take27.co.uk

01 January 2005
Hi - this concept is so good and I think it will turn into a great pic. I like your updates, the new angle makes the scene more dynamic. As for the positions of the ship I think that making the positions slightly irregular - as in each one in their spot but a bit tilted or pushed a bit further could make them look less militaristic and more "audience on an opera like" - unless of course it's a propaganda show going on.

You're doing a great job with this and I'm looking forward to see it completed

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

01 January 2005
Lighting: Screen Lighting

This is the lighting for my screen! Trying to make sure I get everything done... not long now!

www.take27.co.uk

01 January 2005
Texturing: Craft Texturing

This is the texturing for my audience craft. Just need to do some compositing tweaking etc. and then I think I might be done! Will try not to fiddle too much with it....

www.take27.co.uk

01 January 2005
Rendering: Getting Confused

Here is a render shot of my audience craft. Have got confused about which milestones I;ve uploaded already. A bit out of sequence but better late than never!

www.take27.co.uk

01 January 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: Compositing

Well, a last minute push to try and get this thing done...... there's nothing quite like pressure.....!

www.take27.co.uk

01 January 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: Ooopppsss

As I was saying, there is nothing quite like pressure for gettings things wrong! Posted the wrong image so here is the right one (I think!).

www.take27.co.uk

01 January 2005
Thumbs up

Great job Claire! Nice scene you have. The one thing I might suggest is breaking the static formation the ships are in. It would add to the scene. Just my opinion, but otherwise looking great! Keep at it!

01 January 2005
Looking good. One thing I'm just noticing now that the stuff is put together is that the moon seems rather large. It gives me the feeling like it's about to crash into the planet and/or the screen. Just a thought. Keep up the great work.

3 months = an Eon?

Thread Closed share thread