Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Shaun Lupton

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
Talking

awesome~ i lke your models~ and human head~

one small crit.. on the alien, seems like his body is kind of small compared to the head..
maybe you intended that way? but from his face structue seems like he would look better if his head size was a bit smaller~

keep up the good work~

11 November 2004
Excellent work! Your style is very aestetic-reminds me Lord of the Rings movie a bit. Your models have such richness of details - hope U manage to finish it all before deadline!
I wonder how U manage to capture Micelangelo's colour palette
Anyway, good luck!

11 November 2004
As always Shaun you are doing some very nice work/art.........The concept/idea are excellent,and your start here with the modeling equals it,i hope to see you finish and have this reach it's potential........All the best to you,and i'll be watching for more......

11 November 2004
Thumbs up !!!

Hey thanks all!!!

sicksurfer - Hey thanks very much, I plan to do another concept sketch later on for color theory of the final image. Im using maya for my 3d work. Thanks again...

adel3d - THanks, more to come shortly, maybe tonight or tommarrow as its my gf birthday today..

young_927 - good observation, I should render a couple other views so your able to see his whole facial structure, the next update will be more anitomically correct.

taavi - Thanks for the kind words, to get Michelangelos color palette, I will simply find a piece where his painting is most vibrant and relates to humans and scenery. From that use Photoshop color picker to mimick lighting inside of 3d program light setup. Most likelly if lighting is my main source for the final I may go with Carvaggio as his moods are fantastic and use the human asthetic form from a michelangelo painting instead for modeling purposes. Excuse me for wrong spellings..

Virtuoso - Thanks you very much in the humblest of forms Michael, I plan to finish this time around. Just moving in baby steps though as I have other things going on right now, but 70 days should be plenty of time to finish. Thanks for the continued support, yours as you know is coming out beautifully as well..

New updates late tonight, early tommarrow. Thanks again for the C&C!!

SEL

11 November 2004
Modeling: Latest Update! Full body Alien 1 WIP

Hey all,

sorry for lack of updates the last couple days. Here is where im at with the first alien creature. Ive started with some of the detail work now that Ive masked out the body. I plan on having these creatures be very detailed, textures will help with this along the line. 65 days left and counting, wish me luck!

SEL

11 November 2004
I wish you luck Shaun..............And with your skills the project I think....no I "Know" will be one Hell of a beauty........Character is looking very nice,and with a touch more work and than textures it will be off the charts level good......I'll keep watching,and enjoying your work....The concept and thus far your modeling are looking great.........

11 November 2004
Modeling: Latest Update on the Alien Armor

HI, this is just another update of the alien armor, I still have other details to work out as well as finishing something things around the arms and lower body, but all in all its starting to come together. Once he is complete I will start on the other alien heads, I will place my concept sketches of these heads in a future post so you are able to see how they were created.

Watching everyone elses creations, I feel Like im working at a much slower pace, I better start picking up the load if im going to have a chance to finish. Michael, thanks again for your support, you already know how I feel about your entry! Marvelous! Chao for now!

SEL

11 November 2004
I like the sketch. seems like a good idea.
Hope to see more

see this>

11 November 2004
Texturing: Starting on some texturing - Alienhead

Here is begining of the texture of the tribesman alien creature. I still have yet to do the spec map as well as finish adding veins and discoloration, thus, I wanted to show an update to say im still around, so more to come shortly, maybe even the start of some of the scene work.

SEL

kaajey, thanks for the comment, I plan on update a ton more..

11 November 2004
Whoa

That startled me. Those eyes are creepy, and that skin texture looks great.

Rock on.

Bret.

The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery.
-Francis Bacon

11 November 2004
Hi there Shaun
Really great textures youwe done here, excelent job, thumbs up! The skin looks very detailed.
Well, dunno if the bottom lip supose to be that way? And i would work a little more on the teth of the character, cause now thay look a little plastic.
Once again excelent textures!

My GSO

11 November 2004
awesome modelign and textureing man.. that char of urs looks really scarry... like his teeths... very nice keep it up mate...

11 November 2004
!!!

Crusty_Butt - hey thanks bret, Im still working on the textures but its starting to come along, glad to hear a creapy feel came with it...

Kaksht - Great observations, bottom lip still needs a little more texture work, when the spec map is done is should look better around the lip area. Teeth are default blinns messed with a little.

overcontrast - THanks a ton, im starting to get that itch to begin the scene work, Ill keep going towards my goal of finishing.

I plan on updating tonight with something, maybe something from the scene I havent started yet. Ill post my maps of this guy once I finish them. More to come FOLKS!

SEL

11 November 2004
Modeling: Atlantica City WIP - Building 1 WIP

Ive decided to work on the city a little. The name of it is called "Atlantica", thus the similarities to The lost city of Atlantis. The city though will thrive with beauty and the architecture will be not of this world. Buildings as high as the eye can see, and architecture resemblng an ancient age. The color scheme the city will have will be a Pearl with Gold trim. Once the City is made, I will show small indications of the start of descruction and war.

This is a small update of one of the buildings, I plan of having several kinds of buildings of different shapes and styles once done.

More to come..

SEL

12 December 2004
hey Shaun hows it going? Looking great man, nice modeling and texturing, I think the aliens head is a little large for my liking.

lookin forward to seeing more updates!

Mike

Thread Closed share thread