CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVI - Grand Space Opera - 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-28-2004, 02:18 AM   #46
DigitalOmega
huh? what? que?

portfolio
Bernardo Arroyo
Dreaming in cities and purple Cocodriles
Puebla, Mexico

Send a message via MSN to DigitalOmega
Concept Sketch: a priest, and some ideas for the Empress

more and more coming! hehe, i think i will do a few sketches for the empress, to get ideas, and then mix all of them in the final model.. i am worried because i havenīt tried to model a human head i a looong time, so i donīt know how this woman will be..

<°))))<
fishies

Old 10-28-2004, 02:31 AM   #47
DigitalOmega
huh? what? que?

portfolio
Bernardo Arroyo
Puebla, Mexico

ok, i know that you will think that this is only to add more post to my thread, hehe,but thatīs not the case.. i am going to tell you the secret to model fast..

that television, inside your room.. is baaaad, i know that maybe i am going too fast, but i dont spend time doing useless things like watchhing that thing.. itīs been almost one year, since i came to Canada, and since then i dont have a tv. (and i know that the programming here is really bad) anyways, i do concepts on the bus, i write the story, and i entertain myself on my free time doing models.. thatīs it..

and also, when you are 21 years old, you have a looot of energy!

well. i have like 5 pages on handwriting about the story, but i dont have too much time to translate it, (i keep writing in spanish, writing sci.fi, in another language can be hard!!) so, please forgive the bad english and the weird vocabulary in this second chapter..

---------------
Story according to the Galactic enciclopedia:

After the year 3200 approximately, on the planet earth a big revolution was starting, after the discovery of travel at enormous speed (faster than light), and the rising of the machines as inteligent beings, a new order had to be done, from one generation of human beings to the other the mankind had the chance to go to the most distant places in the galaxy, the mankind needed to grow, and then they used the machines to breed a new generation of human beings, the “growing farms” in the planets conquered became part of the everyday conversation, and in the period of 300 years, the human population grew 150 times.. and even more in the coming generations.

another entry on the Galactic enciclopedia:

The machines after that also grew enormously, they had conquered a big amount of the available planets in their half of the galaxy. To avoid a potential war that may destroy both civilizations, treaties were made,and the first rule was to control the population between the two species, in the human part, some of the machines were going to become the priests of a completely new religion, and they were going to become gods, in the machine part, the humans were going to be the programmers of the new generations of machines, because one thing that the machines canīt do, is create, the dont have a soul, and therefore they canīt imagine something new, all their evolution was the product of a few lines of code created in the begining, and they needed to grow even more..

The peace between the two sides lasted during a long a prosperous time, but from time to time, they had to fight together against other civilization from other galaxies, and both civilizations had amazing armies..

This story begin, when the new Queen of the human kind became aware of the lie in wich she, and all the human kind, and all the machines lived for a long time..

The Queen studied the machines, she was the main programmer on them, no one could ever compare with her in her abilities, and as she became stronger and stronger, she started loving the machines as well, as living things.. she dreamed about a new era, were both sides lived together and prosper together. She started programing a new source code for all the machines, but when she entered the code with the rules for feelings (the great virus outbreak), she did a big mistake, and all the consecuences are about to get out of her hands...

if you like this, let me know, so i can translate the complete story of the Empress in the next
chapter..

hmm i amost forgot, this is done in 3dmax, and rendered with Brazill

m u s t sleeep!

<°))))<
fishies

Last edited by DigitalOmega : 10-28-2004 at 02:37 AM.

Old 10-28-2004, 02:35 AM   #48
Karlstok
Veteran
karl Stockton
Concept designer for Microids
Lake tahoe, cali, USA

hey cool concepts.Pretty good story too.Like the empress concept.I think you best think of the scale the most however.Cool start on all your ideas.

Old 10-28-2004, 06:24 AM   #49
leon!
przemek marczak
freelancer
Poland

Send a message via ICQ to leon!
nice concepts and good modeling skills! lookin forward to see final image

Old 10-28-2004, 06:36 AM   #50
gpepper
The journey begins !

portfolio
Gilles Pfeiffer
instructor
French School of CG
Brie et angonnes, France

Wow ! Cool ! nice modeling here !

Old 10-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #51
WyattHarris
Daddy x 4

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Wyatt Harris
WyattHarris.com
Baton Rouge, USA

Very complicated, and your models are looking so good. I'm going to have to step it up to keep up with this quality. Your concepts are very deep. They seem to have a lot of story in them by themselves.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 10-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #52
BernardoDelgado
NextGen Game Artist

portfolio
Bernardo Delgado
Level Artist
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Send a message via MSN to BernardoDelgado

pinche clon vas muy rapido y estan kedando muy bien, nomas no se te olvide comer condenado ajaja
Videogame Artist

Old 10-28-2004, 09:05 PM   #53
HieSpike
Ninja

Hagop Kaneboughazian
3D Animator
AxisOrigin - Fat Box Films
San Francisco, USA

I repeat, you have amazing speed. I've been working on one ship for more than 6 hours and it's nowhere yet. I like the story too, can't wait to see more - I'm sure it'll be in the next hour or so!

Ara's Flight - Short Film About the Armenian Genocide
www.arasflight.com

Old 10-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #54
_mayashu_
Veteran

Dragos Popovici
Designer
Romania

Send a message via Yahoo to _mayashu_
I realy like your ideea and models keep on with good work

Old 10-29-2004, 02:09 AM   #55
DigitalOmega
huh? what? que?

portfolio
Bernardo Arroyo
Puebla, Mexico

Modeling: more robot modelling

hmm well, i dont know what to do without the shell modifier in max! hehe, i keep going..
hehehe, i must translate the story, but too much robot for me tonight, i will watch the movie "dawn of the death"! i hope itīs good... i will write more tomorrow..

<°))))<
fishies

Old 10-29-2004, 04:32 AM   #56
pinnamraj
PixelRampage
portfolio
prudhvi raju pinnamraju
Cg artist
Bangalore, India

Send a message via MSN to pinnamraj
good stuff

nice and clean modeling,machine head looks interesting
have fun

Old 10-29-2004, 07:56 AM   #57
monsitj
zz..zzz...zzz

portfolio
Monsit Jangariyawong
Artist
Bangkok, Thailand

Send a message via MSN to monsitj

hi! impressive work as always , great to see you here again!! how are you? maybe you dont remember me, see ya

Old 10-29-2004, 08:06 AM   #58
Versiden
what?a school 4 ants?!

portfolio
Martin Sen
3D Animator
Johannesburg, South Africa

wow, your designs are really cool.

I like the costumes, they give a sense of history and culture which brings so much more life to your characters.

you spent an hour on each spacecraft? that's insane fast.. nice work

keep it up

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 10-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #59
nuclearman
Atomic Veteran

Michael Crawford
USA

Beautiful work, Bernardo! Out of curiosity, I visited your web site and was blown away by the portfolio pieces. Really, really outstanding -- and a pretty sure sign that your final image in the contest will be just incredible!

Old 10-29-2004, 09:15 AM   #60
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

Hi bernardo........................Looking very nice on the concept front.Lots to take in.Nice variety,and the modeling too is off to a very good start...................your designs are interesting and in-depth.I like the look and the overall style.I am looking forward to more progress,I'll keep an eye out for more.Have fun.

Thread Closed share thread