Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Michael Madic'

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
Hi Michael,
happy to see you again.
The steam punk/retro style? Nice tastes. Your idea is great.
The sketch is great.Considering your sketch is a small portion of some of the architecture, definitely your scene will be really, really huge.
I`m very curious how you will combine the gothic looking from the sketch with the mechanical-futuristic steam punk/retro style stuff.
I`m shure you`ll kill a lot of polys.
Anctious to see your work in progress.
Good luck and be inspired!!

P.S. - As erilaz said, you have great chances to win the Community Award for your massive support to everyone during these challenges.

Old 10 October 2004   #62
hey, that's mad crazy concept... Amped to see more.

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 10 October 2004   #63
I will be looking forward to see how you're going to use that steam-powered things in a space epic scene...

Good luck!

Old 10 October 2004   #64
I agree the idea here is outstanding.It will be great to see this come together.fresh and cool concept,love the sketch,and the plans for these models sound awesome.Hope it all goes great.

Old 10 October 2004   #65
Well it seems as though everyone here expects a lot of you...I'll deffinetly be watching your thread. Man, there's so much good competition here...but it is the best way to learn I guess! Good luck

Ara's Flight - Short Film About the Armenian Genocide
www.arasflight.com

Old 10 October 2004   #66
Hellll.................................lo...buddy !

Well it seems ur still gone for a long journey...I hope you gonna find what ur looking for...(hu, what do I say...too many photons in my eyes I suppose).

It's great ur here, I'm glad.

............................................GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR WORK.........................................
.........................................Hope you'll be glad with your work.....................................

(Arh, english always........... )

Old 10 October 2004   #67
Good to see you in also....yees this is the kind of challenge that just tickles the brain ....feels kinda good...show 'em how we do things out here on the west coast Michal

Old 10 October 2004   #68
Virtuoso,
You rocked it in the Machineflesh challenge. that modeling was spectacular. I look forward to seeing this one unfold too. I'd say good luck but that has nothing to do with it.

Cheers,
jonah

Old 10 October 2004   #69
looks like the poly barrier is going to be broken yet again , cool concept Michael

Old 10 October 2004   #70
It's very original start and I'm very curious how you will connect that with theme.

PS: Preneo pozdrave!!!
IMDb

Last edited by andreja : 10 October 2004 at 10:13 AM.

Old 10 October 2004   #71
Originally Posted by flyingP: looks like the poly barrier is going to be broken yet again , cool concept Michael

First speed of sound barrier now poly,heheh,too funny.I think this will be too fun to pass.Loving plan here very much.

Old 10 October 2004   #72
Back again quickly just to drop off a big thanks for the wonderful words of support,Means alot and I hope to follow up with a nice rendition of a Space opera...................

I am knee-deep in designs phase for the Steam-powered Steed's of Steel vessel's,Steel Dragon's,Steam powered Scalawag scoundrels,a couple toys (A good Scalawag never goes far without his toys ),and am fine-tuning the blocking out of my Set/scene,style,size,layot etc,etc........As well as some actual prop modeling,just getting into the groove for style and feel...............

Ok then,back in a bit with some actual modeling,and another design thought if all goes to plan,back to the laboooooratory for me.See you soon.And thanks again very much for the wonderful support!

Old 10 October 2004   #73
Love the old world style buildings - are they going to get some futuristic styling too?

Old 10 October 2004   #74
simoncvy.........................Oh yes they are.This sure would'nt be a Space opera if they did'nt.I am mixing the Old World Style traditional architecture that you would find in many beautiful cities and towns of Europe,using traditional shapes and forms but adding a retro futuristic steam punk style to the mix.A style that has been my own for quite some time now.I quess alot of what you would expect from Jules verne and in some cases "Naboo" from Star wars...............Thanks for dropping by.

Back to the lab ............See you soon..............

Old 10 October 2004   #75
After reading your concept I have to sit down,man.... I love those old cities u've described and one of my "darling-scenes" of the StarWars Episodes1,2 is the Naboo-Battle in the city of princess Amidala.
A bit of gothic, with wide places, filgran stone bridges, nice parks, etc.... combined with that punked style i know it will be a blockbuster. Maybe you could put some archaic elements (like stone gargoyles, fountains and wells etc.) into....Hopefully I see some more beautiful sketches from u, and I'm very excited about your coming 3Ds ......

You're really on the right way imho

Thread Closed share thread