Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Michael Madic'

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
amazing storyline! excellente first sketch! it´s detailed well to be the first one .

good luck!

space opera

my finished work

Luciano Berutti
Cg4Fun : )

10 October 2004
Thanks again for the support everyone.............It's a extra pushing force for sure........

I wanted to point out before I show more that the sketch is just a small taste or sample of what is in the plans.There will be a much more vast and epic scene.I am just getting a portion of the style shown,this will be mixed with a Steam punk and retro futuristic mix.........I will be coming up with more designs sketches of the Old world charm look as well as the steam punk/retro style.As well as the Steel dragon and Steeds of Steel vessels,along with the Steam powered Scalawags to operate them of course.Plus a few fun gadgets and contraptions are in the plans...............I will sketch away as of now and throw in some modeling as well, time to kill tons of polys ( )I hope to show more soon now..............

Thanks again for your support and interest.It's always appreaciated...........

10 October 2004
Now "This" will be GRAND>

Sounds original and exciting,something new to the challenge.Love the style you are going for Michael.And with your ability this will be Grand.

10 October 2004
Quote: I will be going for something a little outside the box here........I will be going for a mix of old World charm,a touch of a whimsical look and feel,mixed in with a Retro futuristic and Steam punk influence,and a dash of Star wars of course

this is NUTS mate!...but sounds really interesting and original as always...cant wait to see whats next..

10 October 2004
virtuoso, great idea. it's really unique and stands out from the crowd, it'll be interesting to see how you play with the futuristic and retro aspect of things. I am looking forward to this. The premise is good, now it is the composition of your final piece that matters I hope to see a picture that has several storytelling factors and of course, good characters to pull that off.

Really anticipating this one.

-dom

10 October 2004
Can wait to see your concepts mate. Very original as always.

10 October 2004
Virtuoso, Man I like your steam and steel concept. Nice concept sketch too. can't wait
to see more updates, also I am curious to see the steel dragon.
very nice and orignal concept

My art blog

10 October 2004
Virtuso, like you know me and english are 2 diffrerent things... so I didn't really untersand all... but I like the concept and your sketck promise an amazing work (gosh... so many architectural details, wow !)
jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Last edited by jddog : 10 October 2004 at 12:57 PM.

10 October 2004
hey mate,

glad to see you again here friend wish you the best luck to make your dream in 3d
good luck

[my M&S thread] [my alienware entry] [my Machineflesh entry ] [dahoom family (__)]

10 October 2004
Super cool story.I love the whole style thing you got planned Michael.Those vessels and scalawag steam dudes sound radical.Plus the whole style of the scene and ideas sounds simply awesome.Really fresh concept.Cant wait to see it come to life.Big thumbs up.

10 October 2004
Originally Posted by jddog: Virtuso, like you know me and english are 2 diffrerent things... so I didn't really untersand all... but I like the concept and your sketck promise an amazing work (gosh... so many architectural details, wow !)
jdd
huhuhuhuhu... I've the same problem than you... you, me, and english are 3 different things...

10 October 2004
Just marking my place in your thread. Your concept sounds fantastic! Really looking forward to this one.

10 October 2004
Thankyou very much for the support..................It is a grand prize in itself........

I am currently blocking out the planned scene...................It will be a vast set piece,with complex high level of detailed architecture................As I mentioned earlier I will be going for a Steam punk/retro futuristic meets Old World charm style and feel.............

I will showcase some designs of the Steam powered Steeds of Steel,and the Steel Dragon Vessels soon,I am just fine tuning at this moment.

I have also been doing some tests for Rock formations,terrain,ect...I plan on showing some extra cool formations within the set/scene..................

There will also be a few design/concepts coming of the Steam powered Scalawags,I am piecing together the plans for them now.

I have started on some actual modeling of props,vital pieces that will be placed within the vast scenes,these will show some of the overall style I am going for,these will be added to some gadgets.contraptions I have planned.I hope to show a couple of these props later tonite.................

.........................Ok then,thanks again for your interest and support.Time to get Grand with things and build this Space opera....................See you real soon.

10 October 2004
Wonderful concept sketch Michael, and a great storyline. Im looking forward to see the complexity develop in 3D.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" - Albert Einstein

10 October 2004
Your concept is fresh.
Who doesnt like steampunk anyways?

Thread Closed share thread