CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVI - Grand Space Opera - 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-21-2004, 07:55 PM   #31
3doid
Frequenter

Zubuyer Kaolin
student
Bangladesh

Send a message via MSN to 3doid Send a message via Yahoo to 3doid
hey Michael, wassup man.. waiting for some gr8 stuff from u... roemers has it that ur spending most of the time commenting other ppl's works... but i have no clue what wolf is under the sheep's cloake... in a good way ofcourse.. cheerz buddy looking foreward to ur posts...

Old 10-22-2004, 03:53 AM   #32
LucianoBerutti
Frequenter

luciano r k berutti
designer
Brazil

finally I found you! I am waiting to see your creation. I will be with opened eye in you good luck! My friend!

space opera

my finished work

Luciano Berutti
Cg4Fun : )

Old 10-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #33
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

Vladvrz....................I will try my best,thanks for the incouragment,it means alot.

Lemog.................Only when you enter will it be complete.I certanly hope somehow you can find the time somewhere down the road.Very nice of you to drop by,thanks very much.Now find out a way to get by with only 2 hours sleep,let me in on the secret,and get into this thing.It's got mega and epic written all over it.Hope to see you in and here again.Until then all the best to you...............

Cygnus_X....................I am unscrewing my twisted mind now.I will give it a good shot and have some fun while doing it.I sure hope to see you in this one too.Thanks for coming.

Dom...............Thanks...................a few rough drafts,are coming up.I have a few exciting thoughts,and am going to piece them together as I go.I will post soon now,a storyline and a couple rough draft's,to get things rolling in the right direction.............

3doid....................Thanks for stopping by,I hope to get this thread in gear soon now.

luciano berutti................Putting the pieces together Luciano.............I hope to get the first thoughts up soon now..............Thanks for stopping by,and again all the best to you.

Thanks again to all for the support,you make a great theme and fun process all the more zesty and tasty..................Back soon with a rough draft #1 and a storyline..........

Old 10-22-2004, 12:11 PM   #34
viag
Old cat

portfolio
Nicolas Ferrand
concept artist
Montreal, Canada

Send a message via MSN to viag
hey nice to see you again , i wish you good luck , and i cant waiting to see your incredible work !

Old 10-22-2004, 12:58 PM   #35
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

Viag thanks......................I will be looking out for you too............We should have lot's of fun and lot's of creating to do with this theme.Until later.................

Old 10-22-2004, 01:00 PM   #36
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

Revised storyline:

We pillage,we plunder,we loot without giving a hoot: A SCALAWAG STORY!..........................

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

The Scalawags of L'Eternel Are treasure seeking,rum swilling,skirt chasing,quest lov'in,battle hardened scoundrels that live by a long time honored code of pillage,plunder,ravage, loot without giving a hoot to our deaths with weapon and rum mugs in hand.They extort,pilfer,maraud,and embezzle.They are to the very bone a rough and gruff cutthroat clan of high sea and air space scoundrels,knaves and rascals.................

They fly high in steam powered steel steeds,beasts and terrors of the skies of L'Eternel....................Steel beasts and vessels of doom*......full of gadgets,contraptions,weapons,all provided to them by there leader and great Scalawag inventor Brains A'Plenty (BAP).......................

They inflame and ignite the grand cities of L'Eternel,they offer no mercy to the corrupt rich,they plunder and pillage with glee in there eyes.......They give to the less fortunate,and keep the other half .......Yes somewhere beneath there gruff and tough exteriors lie at least half a heart..............

In one of the grand cities ruled (Taken over) by the Scalawags there are magnificent games,battle to the death gladiator style,and all sorts of tests of strength and courage challenges........

In this one praticular city of L'Eternel (Scalawag ruled) is where this story (Pivotal moment) takes place.........This city has blood soaked stains,death is around every bend.Blood flows in the cities gutters and sewers..................

This praticular city is best known for it's Grand gladiator space style races,and incredible raceway (AKA The steel steeds stomping grounds).................These races are made up of both speed and battle..........To the bone tooth and nail they fly and roll upon the great tracks through the grand city,maiming and chopping at one another,some in flight,others upon the massive tracks themselves..........

As time passed,and wars outside of this praticular city gained steam,and more and more of this praticular Scalawag cities battling society died on battlefields and others went out on grand adventures for treasure,and loot,as well as to great Rum drinking holes/taverns,never to return due to death and imprisonment.................

This space opera brings us to a point in time when only two Scalawag warriors of this once Grand city survive.................A death city,all that was is gone,buried in ash,bones and covered in pools of blood..................

These two warriors will go on as all of this praticular Scalawag Clan has........in battle,massive steel steeds under them thundering and flying across the great raceway battle tracks of this once fierce,proud, and bloody city...................Only one will survive,only one will be left of this praticular Scalawag clan...................A sole survivor........The great past warriors would want it no other way...................

.................................................. .................................................. .......................

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

I will depict a "Pivotal moment" in this grand city of L'eternel.This moment will be the final battle/race to the death of this praticular Scalawag clan.A final race/battle for the last warriors,the last survivors upon the grand steeds of steel,upon the grand tracks surrounded by the lonely and lost once proud architecture................These warriors named "Gruff Bolttightner" named after his old occupation.......and Rumdestiller named after his favorite object will do battle to the death,and than there will be only one survivor..........You will see this final pivotal moment....................

Last edited by Virtuoso : 10-29-2004 at 10:58 PM.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #37
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

Concept Sketch: Concept draft #1

Concept draft #1

Old 10-22-2004, 01:14 PM   #38
colt
never free, never me

portfolio
Nico Rehberg
Light Guy
Hamburg, Germany

Wow, looking fabulous. Did you draw that free or use reference?
And nice despcription of your opera .. sounds like an old pirate tale. I'm really looking forward to your ship designs.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #39
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Send a message via MSN to DimitrisLiatsos

Now...get away from that beach window in your study ...and fire up those cpu's

Old 10-22-2004, 01:30 PM   #40
Onsloh
Frequenter
Onsloh York
Freelancer
Merry old cliffs of England, United Kingdom

Yo Ho mate.Whopper of a tale.This sounds fantastic.Love the fresh perspective on the theme.Cant wait to see more thoughts and then the actual work.With your mad skill set this will be stunning.do it to it mate.Cheers.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:37 PM   #41
JamesMK
Flipping bits

portfolio
James Kaufeldt
Freelancer
Triassic Asylum
Kalmar, Sweden

Yay! Whimsical retro steampunk old world charm just can't fail! Never has before.... if it ever was at all

Eyes peeled as always.

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:22 PM   #42
Vilpep
Veteran

This sounds awesome Michael.Those vessels and this city.I really love the style and idea.And coming from you I think this really will be grand.Good luck,and give me updates fast as can be.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:26 PM   #43
markovicd
Future An1mat0r

portfolio
Darko Markovic
Modeling / Animation
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Send a message via MSN to markovicd
Quote:
Yay! Whimsical retro steampunk old world charm just can't fail! Never has before.... if it ever was at all

Eyes peeled as always.

if anyone understood what u have said i will kill myself ))))
kidding...
nice concept

Concept designer

Old 10-22-2004, 08:28 PM   #44
Designer2

the subject on thins challeng realy gives no limits to creativity, this is wonderful sketch i can imagine it will be fabulous when done with 3d.
keep going man.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:07 PM   #45
EmpY
renderingTime

portfolio
Daniel Trbovic
santa Monica, United States

Poly maniac rides again, eh? Off limits and into a danger zone, as it seems.
Cool, cool!!!
:-D

Thread Closed share thread